• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

97 sx 700 primary clutch

S

sledmaniak

Mar 17, 2009
Primary clutch for a 97 sx 700? Does any one know what weights originally came stock in this clutch? I threw a roller.and the weight, ramp, clutch arm what ever the tech name is didnt fair so well. The weights say 8ch on them. I have a clutch from a 92 venture but the rollers are way thicker and the pins are thinner. The weights from venture say 89f. They are way heavier. I will have to rebuild the clutch off of the sx. For now i put a comet clutch on. It sucks bad.

just for clarity, if memory serves correct, the pre 97 clutches ran the 9mm pins in the rollers. 98 and up had the 8mm pins in the rollers. could be pre 96 and 97 up. weights(arms) have had the same pins in them since the introduction of the yvxc clutch in the early 90's. rivets are used for altitude tuning, so depending on where you ride, mm 700's info above is correct, less the rivets..got clutch parts if you need them.

S

sledmaniak

Mar 17, 2009
Thanks for the info. I bought weights on ebay. Just waiting for them to show up. I appreciate the offer and info. I ride 4000 to 6500 elevation. My old weights had only the outer rivet. It is amazing how much the clutching affects performance. With the loaner comet clutch it feels like i lost half the horsepower. the secondary is I believe a stock with roller aaen ad on. 46 heilix and a brown spring in the middle hole.

Premium Features