• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

91 Phazer running on one cylinder

M
Nov 26, 2007
The sled seems to be running fine at idle and at about 1/4 throttle. When you giveit a little more throttle it starts running on one cylinder. I cleaned the carbs and just put a new top end in it. The plug has raw fuel on it and looks like it is fouled but when I checked it I still had a strong spark. Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

Last edited:
T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
try a new set of plugs. also give the plug cap a turn while holding the plug wires to make sure it has a good contact in the wire. maybe recheck the carbs blow them out good all the orfices.

T
Jan 19, 2009
Newport, WA
I had the same problem with my daughters 91 phazer, it ended up being a broken pettal on the reeds.
I would check there if you have tried every thing else. I beat my head against the wall for a couple of weeks, changed the reeds out and worked like a champ.

F
Oct 29, 2010
In the carb bowls there is two rubber plugs. One plug inserts in to the center of the three holes and the other in the Right? This is really racking the old memory bank. If the plug is not in the proper hole it will immediatly flood after 1/4 throttle. I F'd this up once too. If it's not the right, then the obvious left hole is it. It's been a long time since I wrenched on one off these.

Premium Features