• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

860 Big Bore Turbo Up And Running!!

G
Apr 23, 2008
dynotech results,, 2010 crate stock 800 xp = 159.1 hp..
plus 8 psi boost = 238 ish hp

dyno's lie due to the operators ego,, clutchs don't..

The numbers just dont add up at all. superflow is having some growing pains, More of those who test on direct non reduction set ups are realizing supreflow has some very optomistic factors in their built in ""knob jobber dyno reduction correction software"..

They do not even recognize the numbers one prominent operator is using as remotely accurate at all,, just too many wish list drag coefficients added in for popularity amoung the dyno hungry crowd..

Takes TWO hands to handle those whoppers..lol

The key reason I will not waste time and money on the dyno with any turbo ,, get on the sled, get in the field and get your sissy little hands dirty..LOL:D
or bloody if you work on doo's :eek:

Gus

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
when was this done? I had a dynotech membership, but it expired about a month ago. at that time they had several stock 08-09 xp's tested at around 150hp. does the 10 make almost 10 more hp?
Never seen a turboed xp posted on their site.
When you say dynotech I am assuming dynotech research. Same dyno should have the same results.
I know dynoe's can be fudged, but jim at dynotech seems to be strait up. dynoes can be a very good tuning tool when used correctly. it is sad that some screw with them though to give better readings or make themselves "look" like a better tuner or builder.
One of my most favorite ones was we were in monterey california area riding for a week one time. several buddies gsxr 750's were pulling away from a buddys 929 with exhaust and power commander. he was pissed. stoped by a local honda shop that had a dyno and claimed it was because it was not maped right and for a $350 dyno tune they would have it runing way better and he could beat the gsxr 750's. :rolleyes: I told him not to and they are full of ****. wait till we get home and I can throw it on a friends dyno and check it out. Doesn't listen to me and comes to pick it up later. They claim 118hp when he droped it off and now makes 139hp from a tune. I told him their is no way in hell and they are full of ****. if it was a bad tune it picked up 5hp at the most. He thinks he has a whole new bike and is going to stomp every one now. Go do several roll ons on the highway and the 750s still pull away from him. He was a little closer, but the 750's still pulled away. Like I told him maybee a couple hp with a custom tune compared to stock tune with just a exhaust system.

G
Apr 23, 2008
2010 A"dac shootout

real world dynomite test of the 2010 xp with the breakin done BY RIDING IT, not so called wiped out by computer..LOL sure no timing chages were made either..LOL

151 hp cold pull
146 water temp 140 degrees.

you aint gonna find 159 without dragon fuel,, passes tech just dont expect to be breathing the next day//

Gus

Last edited:
J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
Felker

They are refering to Lynn Felker-owner of Felker Motorsports in Loveland Colorado. He has been a Skidoo dealer for many years.

J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
No problem.
That sled only has a couple rides on it but we have others with alot of miles on them. That video was the first time out on that particular sled, I had just finished it on Monday and went sledding on Thursday!!

J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
Tuning is not bad at all!! Last week on the sled that we were video taping I only adjusted the power jets twice as we went from 8000 to 10000ft. My clutch kit works great, I have it on clicker 1 when I leave the trailer and then depending on the snow conditions I only have to turn it to #2 or #3; you can also adjust the boost up,, just depends on how wild you would like to get.;) I get to work on them all week at the shop so I choose to wrench very little when we ride, make my group happy too!!:beer;

U
860 bb

Dave,

Just a thought....I rode with a couple BB 860 kits last year. All of them ran way better at around 7800-8000 instead of 8100-8200. Most of them would fall way flat after 8000 rpm. You may want to think about tuning the bb 860 turbo to peak at a lower RPM. We really noticed it at higher elevations. Just my .02

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Just so I understand.......you saying that Felkers 800's will run with the 860's.
If so very impressive!

Felkers ported shop sled cant run my 860 (customer proven)...not sure what this guy is saying...unless hes refering to another shops 860...which doesnt apply to me...BJ

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I found some interesting things out on a few different turbo assemblies today :confused::confused:. I am not completely understanding my findings until I can make a call to Garrett :rolleyes:. Hopefully they will peal their eyelids open long enough to understand what I'm telling them, when I "try" to pressurize the turbo assemblies for verification of their condition. Until then, I will go back to the original oil tank--no dipstick, no check valve.

Dave

W

wy-doo

I found some interesting things out on a few different turbo assemblies today :confused::confused:. I am not completely understanding my findings until I can make a call to Garrett :rolleyes:. Hopefully they will peal their eyelids open long enough to understand what I'm telling them, when I "try" to pressurize the turbo assemblies for verification of their condition. Until then, I will go back to the original oil tank--no dipstick, no check valve.

Dave

So Dave was the turbo bad on my 860 or did you find out some other problem.:(

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I guess it depends on Garrett's defenition of bad:(. I will call them on Monday and talk to them and the guy who rebuilds my turbos. I also found the RAVE valve deletes were machined for failure for holding pressure:mad:. I have your's fixed and the others I can fix myself. It looks like it wasn't the gasket so much as it was the valve. Small things add up to big things when you have enough of them:mad:. I should be out on it tomorrow for another shake down.

Dave

So Dave was the turbo bad on my 860 or did you find out some other problem.:(

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Dave,
Keep us posted on your findings.... Interesting stuff.
Will you still have a Doo turbo in Cooke on the 9th and 10th?
How bout the 860 turbo? Will that be fixed by then??

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Yes. I will be there with a gaggle of these. The 860 is to be delivered there. This will be the only 860 the rest are 800s in different states of tune;). Hell I gotta go to get my sled back so I can stop riding the Cat :eek:.

I will keep ''most'' ;) of the information flowing when time allows:rolleyes:.

Dave

Dave,
Keep us posted on your findings.... Interesting stuff.
Will you still have a Doo turbo in Cooke on the 9th and 10th?
How bout the 860 turbo? Will that be fixed by then??

J

Jimmy

Nov 27, 2007
Chiba, Colorado
Felkers ported shop sled cant run my 860 (customer proven)...not sure what this guy is saying...unless hes refering to another shops 860...which doesnt apply to me...BJ

LMFAO !! I can guarantee he hasnt run any of Lynns sled's that have anything more then a trail port job on them.

Tell him to go try to take down Whitey and see what the results are.

Premium Features