• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Turbo tunes Reviews

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Gents,
Seems we've had enough time to fully test and re-test most if not all of the available 850t tunes from 2020-2021. Can you guys give a quick review on what sled, which tune, how many miles and overall review? I'm sure Admin Christopher is also curious!

I rode stock 850t last year, but my best friend snowchecked a polaris boost and I'm 100% about tuning to a stage 2 this year just to make sure I can keep his Sh*t talking to a minimum hahaha. Please let me know what you've thought about HP gains, turbo lag, fuel consumption, worth the price!?

Also saw there's a newer tune by Map Tun Powersports, they've released at stage 1 - 186 but use their own MaptunerX tool instead of the torqlink. Any feedback on that?

Thanks,
Colten

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Also saw there's a newer tune by Map Tun Powersports, they've released at stage 1 - 186 but use their own MaptunerX tool instead of the torqlink. Any feedback on that?

Ski-Doo 850 ETEC Turbo Stage 1 - 186 Hp​

Ski-Doo 850 ETEC Turbo Stage 2 - 201 Hp​

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
So with the plastic intake on the Doo how much boost can a guy really expect before it fails? The Polaris can push 9 psi stock. I expect 6 psi is pushing it for the Doo when its stock boost was reported at about 4 psi. Also do the aftermarket tunes do anything for you at low elevation?

C
Aug 13, 2021
New York
I’m on east coast. Low elevation. But this sled only used out west. I too have fellow Polaris riders and already hearing the comments about doos lower boost and power numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
So with the plastic intake on the Doo how much boost can a guy really expect before it fails? The Polaris can push 9 psi stock. I expect 6 psi is pushing it for the Doo when its stock boost was reported at about 4 psi. Also do the aftermarket tunes do anything for you at low elevation?
Supposedly there's been failures on the stock charge tubes, but I havent heard of any intakes failing with tunes. The one piece hood is fragile, but most of my friends around here in AK have added the Xtreme air vents to mitigate vent issues. They're running silbur stage 2 with race gas and a clutch kit from a guy in Anchorage. Those are the only sleds I've personally seen with tunes, but no intake or tube failures.

jdrmx

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2013
Eastern SD
Im running the stage 3 bikeman on a 20 1/2 summit. Love it! Running joeys clutching, we ride 10000ft+. . I never had a charge tube fail but i replaced it anyways with the bikeman tube. (Who wants to replace it in the trailer at the bottom of the hill if it fails?) pulls a solid 7900-8000 regardless of snow conditions. I was real concered about losing the factory throttle response initially (i had a awesome 872 before) with the flash but quickly forgot about it with how well the thing performed, especially after the clutches were dialed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
I have the 20.5 summit with stage 3 bikeman and tube replacement. Awesome setup! 1000 miles of smiles. best turbo setup i have had and i have been running turbos since 2009. I going to run it another year and see if it holds together. My last turbo skidoo had 1800 on it when i sold it and it still ran great.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Personally I like the fact that bikeman developed their tunes on a dyno where you can see everything the engine is doing in a controlled environment, before fine tuning on the mountain.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Personally I like the fact that bikeman developed their tunes on a dyno where you can see everything the engine is doing in a controlled environment, before fine tuning on the mountain.
Certainly do not seem to be seeing much in the way of Negative Feedback on their tunes...

Premium Features