• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 getting hot after upside down

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
I flipped my 850 upside, it happens sometimes lol. This time throttle stuck about 1/4 throttle for 2 mins. And after that could not keep it cool. Tried bleeding it and pulled thermostat/bottle out to check it still no go. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I don't have an answer to your question, but saw where you said your sled was upside down and throttle stuck partly open.

PLEASE GET A TETHER!!

Here is why . . . .

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for all of the help.
I used to run a tether but but got tired of tree limbs catching it all of the time.
This used to be a helpful forum.

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
Is there a special bleeding process with the new cooling system? I raised the front up, bled the head also. Removed head thinking the o ring was leaking but look ok. Pulled small hose from head off while it is running and not much if any pressure or coolant comes out. Almost as to be water pump but cant believe it would of went bad already only has 270 miles on it.
Air lock in water pump?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Is there a special bleeding process with the new cooling system? I raised the front up, bled the head also. Removed head thinking the o ring was leaking but look ok. Pulled small hose from head off while it is running and not much if any pressure or coolant comes out. Almost as to be water pump but cant believe it would of went bad already only has 270 miles on it.
Air lock in water pump?

I wonder if revving upside down put an air bubble at the water pump and toasted the impeller?

B

brojoe

Jan 12, 2011
I'm wondering if the pump has failed. Mine is at the dealership and all the fins were broken off on the pump.

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
I was wonder the same but what would the impeller run against to toast it, didn't think they had that tight of tolerance between the cover.

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
no the coolers don't get warm at all. Sled ran fine until it went upside down. Not a hard landing at all, came over slow i couldn't get it to spin in air like normal.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I was wonder the same but what would the impeller run against to toast it, didn't think they had that tight of tolerance between the cover.

Cavitation removes aluminum from jet boat impellers.

I think it could eat the composite poo impeller easy enough

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
The gauge said the temp sender had to high and low voltage after it flipped also. I cut the zip tie that folds the wire over, i think this is a separate issue though as coolant was not flowing.

B

brojoe

Jan 12, 2011
I'm not sure if its a clearance issue with the impeller, but more it being foreign bodies from manufacturing.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
These 850’s have a self bleeding system, air in system will bleed out on its own. If your tunnel is not getting hot while temp gauge shows hot, then it has to be water pump not functioning.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Run your truck upside down and see if they’ll warranty the motor lol. Failure by damage isn’t covered. I’d keep the conversation straightforward

Premium Features