• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 air silencer removal help...

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
So my sled fell off the sled deck landing on the handle bars, the steering post busted out the bushings and crashed into the air silencer box destroying it. I have everything to fix it (I think) including the air silencer box. Question is what's the best way to get to the air silencer box for removal and replacement? Remove the fuel tank or is there a trick? Thank in advance.

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
Air silencer box? Is that just the air intake box?Got photos bud? Not sure what you mean.
It’s the air intake, the parts book calls it an air silencer. The intake to the throttle bodies. I’m not with my sled til the morning I’ll take pics then. I really appreciate you looking at this.

A@ron

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2017
Wisconsin
No pics needed bud. Take the obvious panels and hood off. Take your secondary off. Put your console/panel that your knees always hit to the side and you should be able to get it out.

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
No pics needed bud. Take the obvious panels and hood off. Take your secondary off. Put your console/panel that your knees always hit to the side and you should be able to get it out.
You da man! Thanks so much

Premium Features