• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 zx exhaust?

B
Jan 15, 2010
steamboatsprings co.
I have a 02 800 zx I just got it recently for my wife. It has a very loud exhaust can on it witch she doesn't like so I have tried 2 different factory cans and have run into the same problem with both. The exhaust holes don't match up the can exhaust is 2 inches short of the exhaust hole on the hull.wtf!! Has any body run into this problem.help!!:face-icon-small-fro

B
Jan 15, 2010
steamboatsprings co.
Boards are not very wide.there is black grippy like foot rest at back of tunnel.it was modded with slightly shaved pistons high compression pistons polished and ported stock pipe mbrp can but looks like the can was modded a little.

B
Jan 15, 2010
steamboatsprings co.
The exhaust hole in the hull is right below the crankcase cover.to get a stock can to machine that may rub or hit crankcase cover.I can't download the app I need for pictures but you could pm me your Email I could send you some.its a unique sled carbon fiber hood and HPG racing suspension. Got it for 800 bucks and a hunting rifle total value around 1400. It runs awesome just need to quiet it down a little.

Y
Jan 3, 2011
Sounds like you have the wrong year pipe, muffler or both, the 01 and 02 do not interchange without some modification to the pan.

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
The exhaust hole in the hull is right below the crankcase cover.to get a stock can to machine that may rub or hit crankcase cover.I can't download the app I need for pictures but you could pm me your Email I could send you some.its a unique sled carbon fiber hood and HPG racing suspension. Got it for 800 bucks and a hunting rifle total value around 1400. It runs awesome just need to quiet it down a little.

If the exhaust hole is under the crank case its 02 . The exhaust pipe should have a short pipe after the turn. If its long than its a 01 pipe. Sounds like a good sled and a great deal.

B
Jan 15, 2010
steamboatsprings co.
The hole is directly under the crankcase. The can sets on the mounting bolts fine. Talk to previous owner he said get a pipe from a 01 I don't know what that will change since the can sits on the mounting bolts fine. If I move can back more it will hit the crankcase.

B
Jan 15, 2010
steamboatsprings co.
Thanks I appreciate it. I already bought a stock can off ebay from a 01 and the hole on the belly pan still wont line up just going to cut a new hole. After I finish installing a rebuilt primary clutch that my marine son on leave blew up.lol

Premium Features