• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 Dragon 09 Low RPMS

snowdak

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Sled info 09 800 dragon 155. recently installed mtntk fix kit. testing under 3000 ft. SLP Blue/Pink spring had tried stock before with similar results. With SLP BP spring and 68 gram weight hitting 7900 rpm on essentially hard pack when pull into softer snow drops to 7400 and will climb back to 7600 and also sputters. Ran first tank after rebuild pretty rich so was attributing to that intially. Tested With 64 gram weights 8050 and with 62 gram hitting 8100. Broke down and ordered a service manual cause not sure what clutching should be. but was thinking 62 for this elevation. Next steps I was going to clean and inspect exhaust valves. I had rebuilt this top end 2 seasons ago also but didn't put a fix kit on and for curiosity opened it up this year to see how was doing and piston was showing excessive wear so that is what brought me to more research and putting in the fix kit. A couple other items that may or may not be related. Will not stay running when idling after being cold can start in garage and it will fire up and idle fine seems almost always have to give a little gas to get going even in garage though. Seems liek endless possible problems on these dragons anyone got any advice on what most likely going on here?

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I've had similar problems after installing fixkits on 3 Dragon 800s. All 3 I ended up taking to the dealer and paying them for the hour of time it took them to run it through the digital wrench and adjust all the settings (idle, tps, etc). All 3 times, after doing that, the sled ran great, no dropping or low RPMs.

sled_guy

snowdak

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Thanks I will take it in this week and let know how turns out. Seems like should have been able to change max tons more with weight changes is all but I suppose being limited by tps.

Premium Features