• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

8 tooth drivers

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Anyone know if the 2.6 track clears with 8 tooth drivers? Any performance gains to be had here? Assuming there would be with the shallower approach angle. Gear down would likely be needed?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Yes it fits, and yes you have to gear down. Sage crusher is the one to talk to about performance difference.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I'm running one .

Less noise
Less rolling resistance
Less ratcheting
Less approach angle

I'm sure performance gains from the larger area to drive from and the ease to make the bend around it ..

Won't try but I'm sure the 3" would be a bear to get in just like a Pro with 7 tooth ..

I have my Stock 7 tooth to use with the 2.6 and 19/41 gearing

I'm running this setup for trail use here in Michigan and it does work great .. had no issues leaving anything I saw in the roost . Only issue is no speedometer , or add 15 or so to whatever speed it says on dash my top end speed on GPS is 91 MPH with 23/39 gears Speedo Max says 64 mph .. but 45 is 55 GPS/Speedo .. so just wing it !!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Heal Tech Speedo Healer

I'm running one .

Less noise
Less rolling resistance
Less ratcheting
Less approach angle

I'm sure performance gains from the larger area to drive from and the ease to make the bend around it ..

Won't try but I'm sure the 3" would be a bear to get in just like a Pro with 7 tooth ..

I have my Stock 7 tooth to use with the 2.6 and 19/41 gearing

I'm running this setup for trail use here in Michigan and it does work great .. had no issues leaving anything I saw in the roost . Only issue is no speedometer , or add 15 or so to whatever speed it says on dash my top end speed on GPS is 91 MPH with 23/39 gears Speedo Max says 64 mph .. but 45 is 55 GPS/Speedo .. so just wing it !!

This is one way to fix your speedo, without having to have the dealer re-flash the conversion (if that is even doable).

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377709

N
Aug 27, 2012
Bend, OR
LoudHandle, I have heard of people reprogramming these sleds for correct speedo. My dealer says he can do it with the DW. I think it's only possible on the axys, not the pro.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Anyone know if the 2.6 track clears with 8 tooth drivers? Any performance gains to be had here? Assuming there would be with the shallower approach angle. Gear down would likely be needed?

Hey gorideadoo!
If you need some additional info let me know- been running my 8 drivers off the Old pro's for almost 2 seasons now.. Zero Issues - but clip that 2.6 track to keep it from cutting.. Gearing is easy.

S/C

T G

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Nevada
hey sage crusher will a drive shaft off a 2012 work in a 2017 axs waiting for tony to get home though maybe you could answer

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
hey sage crusher will a drive shaft off a 2012 work in a 2017 axs waiting for tony to get home though maybe you could answer

Granted I'm not Sage Crusher, but yes that driveshaft will work. If you have the QD on your sled, put some anti-sieze or bearing grease on the splines to prevent the QD sprocket from rusting/locking onto the shaft. You will need some nyloc nuts from the 2012 shaft though as the Axys drive shaft uses bolts.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Granted I'm not Sage Crusher, but yes that driveshaft will work. If you have the QD on your sled, put some anti-sieze or bearing grease on the splines to prevent the QD sprocket from rusting/locking onto the shaft. You will need some nyloc nuts from the 2012 shaft though as the Axys drive shaft uses bolts.

Does anybody happen to know what size bolts are used on the pto side of the drive shaft for the pro?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID

I forgot to mention the Axys lower QD bolt will not work, it's too long. You need to get a flanged M10x25mm (It's 1.25 or 1.5 pitch, I forget which) grade 10.9.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I forgot to mention the Axys lower QD bolt will not work, it's too long. You need to get a flanged M10x25mm (It's 1.25 or 1.5 pitch, I forget which) grade 10.9.

They are M10 x 25mm x 1.25 mm pitch, I have a bunch of the stock take offs with either the stock or the Thicker Doo washer available if anyone wants some.

I'm going with all Titanium (bolt and Washers for mine).

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Just a fast question out of curiosity. 8 tooth, 3.0 Pitch with Conq 280. 2.8" lugs. Possible? I'm guessing it won't fit. Sounds big... :face-icon-small-sho

You're dreaming or high (maybe both).

From the PRO RIDE:
While the 2.5" 2.86" Pitch will physically fit inside the tunnel with the 8 tooth. It drags the tunnel coolers up front at the choke point enough to be detrimental to consistent clutching and performance. Trimming the outer lugs to clear the coolers yields huge gains in performance.

The AXYS is roughly 1/4" lower at the drive shaft: Still not enough for a 2.8" paddle even if the Conquer's were available in the 2.86" pitch (they are not). On top of that the radius increase from 2.86" Pitch 8 Tooth to 3" Pitch 8 tooth is 0.18". So No Dice without a drive shaft drop and roll or those damn little drivers.

Premium Features