• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

7S Display USB Cable

S
Feb 17, 2008
Chicago Illinois
I'm looking to see if someone can get me a part number for the cable that plug into the back of the display, and on the opposite end has the USB end? The cable is tapped into the harness cable, but is a stand alone cable.

I have a Polaris part number # 4019137, it has the USB port on one end but no plug on the other side to go into the display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

C

codemanq

Jan 26, 2016
Washington
I'm looking to see if someone can get me a part number for the cable that plug into the back of the display, and on the opposite end has the USB end? The cable is tapped into the harness cable, but is a stand alone cable.

I have a Polaris part number # 4019137, it has the USB port on one end but no plug on the other side to go into the display.

Do you have the original cable with the connector to the 7s by chance? Guessing the USB isn't working?

K
Dec 22, 2023
Iowa

I wonder if the picture is just cut off and not showing the other end of the cable. I see what you see on the Polaris website. Sure looks like it's what you are looking for. I have a VR1 with a 7S and it says it's a match. I don't know what else it could be as I have no other cable on my machine that looks like that. I'd order it and return it if for some reason it's not right.

S
Feb 17, 2008
Chicago Illinois
I wonder if the picture is just cut off and not showing the other end of the cable. I see what you see on the Polaris website. Sure looks like it's what you are looking for. I have a VR1 with a 7S and it says it's a match. I don't know what else it could be as I have no other cable on my machine that looks like that. I'd order it and return it if for some reason it's not right.
The cables are separate from the harness, but this view off the Polaris site shows something different.

1704166571317.png

K
Dec 22, 2023
Iowa
As you say the USB cable is separate, but it is taped and zip tied together with the other harness as you can see in the Polaris 7S installation video at the 3:35 minute mark. In the above diagram, 1B to 1F is one separate cable....the USB cable you are looking for. I assume this diagram shows It all together because if you order that part number noted on the diagram, 2415186, you get everything pictured even though it's a couple of separate harnesses attached together with a zip tie. But you can even see on this diagram the zip tie where it intersect the other harness.

I still think that part number you found before is probably what you want to order if you are just looking for the USB harness. Having said that I think there is some risk that it doesn't come with the male plug, 1B, that goes in the display since the description makes no mention of a male end.

Have you called your dealer? Maybe they can find out. Good luck!

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta

The plug on the back of the 7S display is a USB port. All last winter, I used my Apple USB to Lightning cord to charge my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U
Jan 4, 2024
I'm in the same boat. Installed the 7s on my axys and bought this same cord thinking it would be a direct fit install.
Any update on this? Why would they not include the connection to the 7s?

Buchholz56

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2013
Dayton, MN
I just ordered two 7S displays and the cables I got are part number 2416776 which does have the female USB/male Deutsch DT06-6S taped to the harness. Both are going on 2023 Matryxs.7S Harness Tag.jpg7S Harness.jpg

U
Jan 4, 2024
I'm just going to attach a Deutsch DT06-6S to the end and be done. Tried talking with Polaris but they really didn't want to say anything because it's not made for an Axys and it comes on the harness...which I don't need. it's only used for updating the software and maps so not overly concerned about it. Thanks Buchholz56 for indicating what connector is used!

U
Jan 4, 2024
Well, not the problem is that the wiring colors are different on the 4019137 cord than what comes on the installed 7s harness...so not a direct replacement. Wondering now if a 7S usb cord from a Razr would be a direct replacement? Same connector...would just have to assume that the pins are in the same location for both 7S's?

Premium Features