• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

755 wont start after rebuild

K
Oct 6, 2014
just rebuilt the top end of my 06 rmk 755 and it will not start. sled started running like crap at the end of last year so I pulled the motor and there was a nut in the lower cases bouncing around causing issues. I had the 4 lil holes it left welded and got new cylinders. I bought the wiseco piston kit for it. got it all back together and connected and now it wont start it appears to be getting spark from the tester when I pull it. the compression is 95 pto 100 mag which seems good for a motor that has yet to be started. anyone have any ideas on where to try next im headed up north this weekend and really don't wanna go back to riding my 550 fan lol thanks everyone

K
Oct 6, 2014
I've done a bunch more Investigating and the spark is weak blue. The pto side is stronger than mag. The headlight also isn't lighting up. Could I have hooked the wiring up wrong to cause this.

S
Oct 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
you could have connected something wrong or forgotten to connect something...particularly if it was running when you rebuilt it.

The headlights won't come on until after it is running. There is a relay (box on mag side around recoil) that won't allow power to the lights until the sled is running.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Try putting a very small amount of fuel into each cylinder and then giving it a pull.. if it does attempt to fire, you may have narrowed your search to some sort of a fuel delivery problem... I'm betting you may have an injector wire backwards or something.

K
Oct 6, 2014
Thanks for the responses. I've tried putting fuel in pulling it doesn't fire at all. I'll check the injector wiring that sounds like a good place to start but a pain to get too.

K
Oct 6, 2014
Yes I believe I have it primed. When I push the pressure release fuel squirts out. I'm leaning more towards spark because when I pour fuel in the head it doesn't fire at all.

Premium Features