• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

650 RMK KHAOS MATRYX SLASH 146

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
So does anybody else think this sled is going to be the sled to have to fill the gap for 12/13 thru 16/18 years old? Depending on the kid as he gets older. I know some kids are adults at 16 already. I get that but they are the exception. My second boy is probably going to be that kid at the rate he is growing. As for my first boy he is more built like I was and I was only 145 lbs at 18 yrs old.
More power than the blast.
Less weight at 426 lbs (Blast is 429 lbs)
Narrower front end with the react front end.
Quick drive instead of chain case
146" track with 2.6 track.
Snowcheck standard 4 year warranty. I had to purchase 3 year ext warranty with the blast.
Thoughts?

1615226588432.png

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I bought my 13yo daughter a SBA 600 a few years ago. Some small upgrades and she loves her sled. I put a 146” 2.25” track on it, lightened it some, skis and bumpers. It’s heavier than the RMK but the base 600 wasn’t anything to write home about when I bought this one.
She’s 15 now and for the past year I can’t shake her going down a trail. It’s just a matter of time before she has the courage to actually pass me. She’s tall but small so she loves the Venom for playing on, but prefers her SBA on the trails.

The sled you’re looking at would be what I would have bought two years ago if it was available. I was actually hoping for a Riot X in a 600 however Cat only did the HC in an 8 for this year.

c2dd4f0b8ee7a2ccdec2fad289874069.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
I bought my 13yo daughter a SBA 600 a few years ago. Some small upgrades and she loves her sled. I put a 146” 2.25” track on it, lightened it some, skis and bumpers. It’s heavier than the RMK but the base 600 wasn’t anything to write home about when I bought this one.
She’s 15 now and for the past year I can’t shake her going down a trail. It’s just a matter of time before she has the courage to actually pass me. She’s tall but small so she loves the Venom for playing on, but prefers her SBA on the trails.

The sled you’re looking at would be what I would have bought two years ago if it was available. I was actually hoping for a Riot X in a 600 however Cat only did the HC in an 8 for this year.

c2dd4f0b8ee7a2ccdec2fad289874069.jpg

That's awesome. I love seeing the girls out riding. Not as many people think of their daughters out sledding so its awesome to see others think about them as well.
Also good to hear about the 600 sled. My oldest boy might be slightly small next year for it but honestly I think he will be able to handle it. I know a lot of people say the price is high for a kid and they are probably right but the way I see it right now that might just be the last sled I have to buy for the kids for the next 12-15 years. I've got 3 kids and I think they are spaced out perfect that they all move up a sled at the same time. By the time they move onto a 850 they can buy or at least help buy the majority of the sled if they want to upgrade.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Exactly. I’m in the same boat with ages.
The Venom will eventually be grown out of for good(10 years) and this SBA is a solid machine. I don’t expect to buy a replacement....ever.
And I have a BMRT 440 rev with a 136 as a backup for them. That way I can focus on breathing life back into all my greasy triples I’ve been buying lately.

I really want a 600 146 Alpha tho. I don’t know if I could have more fun with another sled. Especially since my riding has changed so much in the past ten years.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
My take is that this 650 146 is now hands down the best sled out there for darn near everybody in the range of about 80-140 pounds that finds they need more power than the blast has to offer. I think a LOT of wives and younger teens will find themselves fitting that criteria.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Well I put my money where my mouth has been for so long and bought him this sled. This sled is awesome. Here is a couple vids of him on it from the last weekend.

Thats awesome. Going to get my daughter one next year. What is the blast supposed to pull for rpm. I have the Yamaha packaged ones because my buddy is a Yamaha dealer. One of them is going down the road and getting that 650 kaos matryx slash. Guage is also awesome for keeping track of them.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
That is an awesome setup. Exactly what I have been wanting for the last five years for my kids. Hopefully they make a pro version of it as well.
I agree a pro version would be good to lower the price. As for ride-ability it’s not hard to tame the Khaos.

I agree with above. This is closest to the perfect kid & small adult off trail sled.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
I finally found and purchased one. A couple rides on it confirm my expectations. Very fun and playful. Impressed my friends on 163s playing in two feet of powder. I did leave it home when we rode 4+ feet this past week.

Premium Features