• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 h.o. wrist pin bearings????

C
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho City, ID
I'm rebuilding the top end on my 03 rev 600 and i want to know how the HE!! you get the bearings back in the piston rod and around the wrist pin? they are not all in one piece like every motor ive ever redone in the past. they are all individual parts that roll independently. whats the solution? i feel like a monkey trying to have relations with a football about now... ive never seen anything like it! is it possible they are one piece that simply fell apart as i was tapping out the pin?
lucky i didn't drop any of the tiny pieces into the crankcase...

help! :beer;

HOOTS

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
S.W MN
Ahh, you've discovered Doo's better idea of cageless bearings. Thats the way they are & you better hope you got them all or you''ll be rebuilding the bottom end soon. They like to hide down in the cooling ports & some can make it down into the water pump. Make sure you cover bottom really good & I can't remember for sure the count, someone on here can verify I'm sure. Some heavy grease works good for holding in place or you can buy caged bearings as replacement.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
I always change the bearings ( cheep insurance ) on a rebuild and they come with a plastic tube that pushes out when you put the pin in.

M
Jan 22, 2008
Order New wrist pin bearings

If you order new wrist pin bearings and wrist pin which you always should they will come with little thin plastic sleaves, you put the wrist pin bearings in your rod and it will slide the outer sleave off the cage and then with the inner sleave still in the cage you put your piston over the top of the rod line it up and push the wrist pin threw which will push the inner plastic sleave out the side of piston and you will not loose any of the new needle bearings, make sure the bearing cage is lined up good and push the wrist pin threw with a firm continuis motion, without any keepers in the side of piston of course, keepers last even though you would normally want to put one keeper on each piston in your hand( usually the inside facing eachother which are hard to get at when on the rods) but the plastic sleave doesn't like to sneak by the keeper(circlips)

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
And you better count 56 rollers (28 per side) before you put everything back together, new bearings or not. :D

Premium Features