• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

6 Years Ago Today....Great Day!!!

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
January 7, 2005....This was Dave (Animal) ripping on his sled. It was an amazing day, great friends, and DEEP pow!!!

Animal.jpg

Collage of pics from that day that hangs on my office wall. Notice the contrast with the snow caked on the trees. This had occurred from huge ridge top winds.

Collageofpics.jpg

image.php

Have a great, safe weekend everyone!!!

RIP Animal! Dammit I miss riding with you!!!

R

Rock Star

Mar 29, 2008
Park City, Utah
ANIMAL

seems like time stood still that day. Kim and I saw his wife and daughter Janene last week. They are doing great and are proud that he left such a legacy of friendship and that so many have learned from that day. Stay safe. It's easy to remember to be safe when you look at those girls. I wish Dave was here to see them grow up so well. RIP Dave.

U

UtahSnow

Jul 9, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Remember it like it was yesterday. Was sitting at Training Table with my family when Dan got to cell service and called me for your number Rock to tell you. Changed my life and how I ride forever. Dave your legacy will live on.

Nate

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
I too remember that day well... sitting there riding with friends new and old and Dave having the time of his life. I remember his sled not running well but he was still having a blast.

We're heading down to Salt Lake for the snowcross Saturday and riding on Sunday with some friends. Anyone else going to be at the races?

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
Still to this day one of the hardest funerals i have ever gone to. Tore me up to see his girls up there singing. I still remember the song they sang:(

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Still to this day one of the hardest funerals i have ever gone to. Tore me up to see his girls up there singing. I still remember the song they sang:(

I realize some might think this is inappropriate... but still going to share. BESIDES the immense pain in my heart that day when meeting Dave's beautiful, warm and forgiving bride and daughters... this was my 2nd most memorable event at the funeral.

During the stay at Dave's cabin Kim had led me to believe that a certain someone was gay... :doh: me being naive and thinking that Kim was a trustworthy :devil: individual I believed him. Can't remember exactly what happened but sitting at the funeral I found out this person wasn't gay... and commenced into hysterical giggles that led to tears flowing hard. :Cry: I felt like a total assssssss and child for the incident.. :banplease: but had absolutely no control over my emotions that day. :noidea:

This day is burned into my inner clock... Just when I think I've done all the healing I can do... I always wake up on the 8th of January with this feeling that something is missing from my life.... and spend the day reflecting upon what happened before that (getting to know Dave), what happened that day and what has transpired since. Definitely a hallmark moment in my life.

A picture is worth a thousand words... :heart: :love:

chefdave.jpg

snailbait

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Utah
Ditto to all the comments! You are sorely missed my friend!!
Think of you and your family often!:brokenheart:

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
I do believe life goes on from here, unfortunately I've buried to many loved ones to think otherwise. that said it damn hard to move on without them. Dave is the kinda guy who is going to leave a dent in this world. No fake bull$hit just a down to earth great guy. He reminded me of a scout leader I had that would ALWAYS make everyone he met fell better about themselves, Dave was that guy. As much as he enjoyed sledding he loved his girls. His whole demeanor would change when he would talk about his kids. As dads he left a lofty example of how to be a great dad! Miss ya bud.

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
B....I remember that oh so well! We were sitting in the chapel, during the viewing, when you brought up that you believed he was really gay, after what I had said. I was still laughing, embarrassingly, when I walked up to greet Carolyn and the girls. I'm sure Dave was chuckling himself at that one.

Truly a memorable and life changing event! So much sorrow and longing for a different outcome. But, also so many amazing friendships from the tragedy.

Premium Features