• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 velo raid boot

S
Nov 30, 2010
Sorry, another boot thread-Anybody out there put these to work yet? Considering purchase, but want good protection, stiff, waterproof boot (like all of us). Also looking at Sidi adventure 2, but $$. Planning to run either with battery heated socks.
Thanks for any real world experience on this specific product. I’ve already read all the other boot threads, so don’t need to re-hash those.

Feb 23, 2019
Cheney Wa
I have a pair . Good boot. Not as stiff as a high end MX boot. I have 4-5 rides on mine holding up well. Get a size bigger for thick socks. I got size 12 and wish I had of got 13s. I have seen some guys having issues with broken buckles witch I have not.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I wear a 9 and bought a 9. They are breaking in, once they do completely they will be the correct size. I agree if you wear thick socks or have wide feet go up a size. So far I like them feet have been warm and dry

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
i'm enjoying mine so far, tore a strap off last ride so we'll see if they want to warranty it. the strap and buckle design isn't the stoutest but not bad for the price.

Friend of mine is running them and hasn't had one complaint.

Before you pull the trigger take a look at the “Alpinestars Corozal Adventure Boot”. Pretty close in price point. Been riding dirt bikes my entire life and they are BY FAR the most comfortable boots ive ever worn. Similar to 509, not as rigid as a MX boot and not the most stout strap/buckle setup. But they are 100% waterproof. I took a spill on our last ride trying to cross a creek and both my feet were submerged in at least 6” of water. No leaks whatsoever. I wear a thin hybrid wool sock and my feet are never cold.

Buckle broke second easy ride. They said all buckles that break during the first wave of purchases will be covered. Some molding issues they think. They also said new ones should be sent out promptly.
Besides that pretty sweet boot for the price. Even with the buckle broken and a foot deep puddle, no wet feet! Nice shifting, and fairly warm. Would recommend.

M
Jan 14, 2004
My buckle snapped clean right off, on my last ride. 509 overnighted me a new one. Awesome customer service. As long as they are willing to keep up the great service, they have my vote. I have about 10 days on mine so far and they are broken in. They loosened up nicely. Nice thing about the buckles is they screw on so super easy to change.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Any more updates on these boots? My Klim adrenaline’s have been great but they are worn out. Hopefully 509 updated the buckles for 2021.

Premium Features