• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 aviator ignites

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
The hooking up of my blue tooth is getting worse to control my settings. Any tips?

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
It is confusing to me. I have connected to bluetooth at home but hard to tell how well it adjusts the goggles.

I was under the impression from 509 instuctions that the only way to adjust the manual settings between low, med, high, was to use bluetooth. I saw a video which indicated you can do it right on the goggles but it isnt clear to me how many times the blue light flashes on the battery when trying to set it to low, med or high.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I agree 100% hold button too long and it goes off also . A turn nob with high medium and low would be nice and simple in the cold I hate buttons. My battery life is getting less each also.

Missinglink

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2023
Iowa
Buy tempest optics goggles. Only 1 button, to check your battery level. No on or off, no high or low. Just charge them and put them on. Pretty simple. A couple of my ridding buddies run 509 and they are constantly messing with them, changing settings and trying to adjust them to conserve the battery. And then get all upset when they have to change battery packs. I just sit there shaking my head. And they are a great company to deal with.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Three rides on mine for honest try and they now sit in the trailer. I get less fogging and a lot less hassle from my old otg Scott’s.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
This is my third season they work great when they work just wish it would not be attached to blue tooth. Riding in heavy snow and freezing mist they are the real deal for me anyway.

Premium Features