• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2Moto Bikes-Sleds ???

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
L
Dec 30, 2007
2 MOTO the Natural Progression

The Snow hawk's are Heavy, and getting heavier. They are way too top heavy. And the hang off the back design is now obsolete. Rider position is way too far back. Horse Power to Weight Ratio is what it's all about. Face it the longer the track the harder it is to turn. The light MX bike with the 2 Moto RadiX Set-up is the next Natural Progression. 2 stroke, 4 stroke (more MPG), this set-up is lighter & as strong as your MX bike. The Bikes are being developed into HP monsters & still 1/2 the weight of a Hawk. And you can use your MX bike all year. Now, if your looking at price ? Hawk $15,000. What the h##l, No Way ! I can set up 4 bike's for that much. I already have the bike's. And if Brad Story rides 2 Moto, Aprilia RSV 550 RadiX. That's a 4 stroke V-Twin rocketship. He's installing a turbo in that sucker. And it's an MX style ride , Low center of gravity, light, true rider forward position, turn like an MX bike. Price, Design, effective use of your play money, This is the next Generation ! Let's have a Factory Shoot Out !! Brad bring out the Monster & Eat that Old Fat Bird !!!

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Too much "TRUE" info to lose!

Wed March 14, 2007 7:44 PM
Blaser

We just posted a new video of the Honda, Yamaha, KTM, and Husaberg's on snow. Enjoy- www.2moto.com

ken_climb

Killer! I want one with boost!

Blaser

What brand bike do you want it on, and when do you want to pick it up?

Bullheadmoto

Pm'd you.

super swede

Hey how do the 2 moto bikes compare to a snow hawk
in deep powder?
i got a 800 hawk the weight of a bike sounds great tho
Jonny

Larry Storm

OK Blaser, Where can we get a Demo ride or Rental for a day or weekend ? This look's to have all the Answers for a True X-Over from dirt bike's ! What would my 525 KTM weight with this kit installed ? How about my CRF 450 ? Got to try this ! Where ? When ?? I've got a few off road budd'ies wanting the Full story ??

snowhawkaddict

Hey, Brad Story has one. Max climber, Max skill's, Deep/ Steep powder chutes are his specialty. If this snow bike conversion works for him. And you can use your dirt bike. All year ! Where do we get one, Wow! at that price 2! Blaser, tell us more ? More on Brad's 2moto bike ? How much time to convert back and forth from dirt to snow ? hat would my CRF 450 weight with this kit installed ? I've rid'in the wide, heavy hawks & i like my narrow,lite, crf better. And if i could get a lite,nrrow,flickable 4 stroker, snow bike, that would be the way to go ! Don't like sled's wide,heavy & not as responsive. When & where can i get a demo ride or rental ? What do you have available ? What bike's are kit's available for ? You mentioned the X Games ? What's up with Winter X ?YES, Found all the info. & more. Under 300 LBS. 4 stroke ! Can't wait to try one for myself. We may all be rid'in lite weight 4 stroker's. Check out the 650 Berg..... WWW.2MOTO.Com

Larry, Freerider, don't forget your other frantic pitches/questions.
Or, buck op and buy, for the KTM of course, more power and closest to the Husaberg.

If I were in a different position, and not so focused on AD Boivins product there would be one ready for the first snow parked in the trailer next to the Snow Hawks!
They thought I was drinking, maybe you should start!

Click for full image

Larry Storm

Your a strange person. I don't drink. But, if you get to try a ktm or berg set-up let us know. I would like to try one as soon as i could. I'll have to wait a bit. But i can do that. Heck, i'm still rid'in my dirt bike's. It would be nice to just swap out the wheel's with a 2moto kit when ever the snow get's here ! I think you could fit more ktm's in the trailer than hawk's. There a little fat & over weight compared to the MX bike's. LOL

snowhawkaddict

Don't forget! http://www.snoxcycle.com/

Larry Storm

Wow, Never knew there were as many options to the old school sled ? This also looks to be a great alternative 4 stroke, narrow, lite MX bike. I like the whole concept on utilizing my dirt bike's ! I've already paid for them & i can swap back & forth. + a manual clutch & gear box. Gotta try this out ! The price's on these convertion's are very affordable ! Great Price's too!

snowhawkaddict

I may be a strange fellow, but I have more passion then most in motorsports!

Conventional sleds are old school, news, obsolete, or just what the QUAD rider ordered. These one ski designs are what we have to deal with now, they will get better, but we will get older, our time is now!

http://www.servicehonda.com/cr500af05.html
See they now offer the KX500, both would make the best power for a snow conversion.

snowhawkaddict 12/30/2007

Looking at your current avatar, seems you are finally invested, unless you were working it all along!

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7713/1003100en0.jpg

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
"The rest of the story"

super swede

Any of you hawk guys seen the bikes or tryed em
how do they compare to the hawk?

snowhawkaddict

Talked to Bret Blazer lots at the WSSA show, two of our Hawk owners with extra cash ordered kits for their new 450's, but last I heard no kit ready for the Suzuki 450, so they may cancel.

Really wanted to see them get it so we could answer once and for all the deep snow question. Would also like to show the comparison on film in this years Snow Hawk Addiction. http://mccbrothers.com/

The current owners of the product should get on here and talk to people, just one more option for the snow.

The single ski machine is the future of motorized snow sports, twoskis/couches/snowmobiles have hit their ceiling!

EXTREME HAWK

I personaly know the guys at 2moto and have ridden them a couple of times. They run great, had a lot of fun on them. I own 3 Hawks and if I was into dirt bikes I would probably have one of their kits!

I would also like to ride them in the deep powder, but have not had that experiance yet! I'm sure the boys over at 2moto will get me out there this year to answer the question "which goes better through the powder?"

Either way, one ski is way more fun than 2!!!!!!

'04 600 HO stock
'02 500 STOCK (FOR NOW!!!)

Blaser

The current owners of the product are on here... but I believe the question was directed to "hawk guys" who have seen, or tried the RadiX kit.

Extreme Hawk has seen them run most everywhere but the deep stuff. C'mon Read, you can give him some info.

If you think about it logically, a 50 horsepower bike with a 93 inch track shouldn't even be able to compete with a 121 inch tracked 503... and honey bees aren't supposed to be able to fly, either-
Blaser

edit- still waiting for the '08 Suzuki's to show up so we can finalize the RadiX kit for them. I'd be happy to bring my 450 out to ride in this years Snow Hawk film. I'm available to ride most any weekend after we get back from the X-games-

super swede

Any of the owners want to tell us how they go in the pow?
i am not convinced about the powder capacity yet the footage i have seen seems to be downhill or flat.
i would love a lighter hawk and i have a husaberg 620 collecting dust in the garage it has to work in the powder to be interesting for me though
Jonny

Blaser

Originally posted by: Larry Storm

Hey, Brad Story has one. Max climber, Max skill's, Deep/ Steep powder chutes are his specialty. If this snow bike conversion works for him. And you can use your dirt bike. All year ! Where do we get one, Wow! at that price 2! Blaser, tell us more ? More on Brad's 2moto bike ? How much time to convert back and forth from dirt to snow ?</p>

I don't want to pirate this thread, but I will answer your questions-

Brad drove up 2 times last year to ride the bikes. We rode in soft spring conditions both times. I'd assume he's ridden every type of snow-craft out there, and the deal he's most excited about this year is his dirt bike. His comment was "you've got the KLX and Husaberg 650 handling better on snow than they do on dirt". Brad will answer the powder question for you. He likes to play up in the tightest, steepest chutes.

I rode, on average, 3 times per week last season- in places from Utah to Alaska. We hit deep powder. Problem is, I'm the company guy, and we all know how company guys toot their own horn. Second issue is what do I base my judgement on, since I've not got a Hawk vs. a dirtbike on video in the deep. Am I used to riding a 440 racer in the deep, or do I own a 975 full mod Polaris IQ? (the latter)
I do have 2 videos of an old Switchblade short track vs. Extreme Hawk on his 600 136 Hawk...

Brad's bike is an Aprilia RSV 550 Supermoto. It's rumored to have about 75hp. He's converting it to run on propane, with a turbo. That should put him at about 140hp, similiar to an 800 Hawk. To be fair, we're still only running a 93 inch track.

Our rear connects via 2 bolts- the swingarm bolt, and the upper shock bolt. Run your chain, connect and bleed the rear brake- and the rear is on. The front's pretty quick. Going from tracks to tires is about 2 hours.

The usual comment is that there's no way a dirtbike can run with a sled, or a Hawk. Let's check some numbers:
800 Hawk- 150 horsepower?, 136-144 or 159 inch track.
Your RadiX- 50 to 60 horsepower, 93 inch track.

That doesn't seem fair, right? Even Brad's bike at 140 hp shouldn't go as well as a Hawk...
face-icon-small-smile.gif

Blaser

EXTREME HAWK

like i said, single ski's rock can't wait for the powder!!! it's really not about who can go better in the powder, it's about being able to go and ride on a single ski on the steepest slopes and leaving the sleds wishing they could come and play!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greatful that the guys at 2moto have stuck with it and have perserviered, selling this 1 ski thing is not the easiest thing to do. Brett, keep up the good work with the marketing. this is the future of snowmobiling!!!!! the "Burton" of snowmobiling!!! Every body thought he was crazy thinking that you could have as much fun on a single board vs. 2 ski's look back on this in 10 years and all those guys that think we are crazy will be wishing they started earlier!

Larry Storm

Blaser, What would my CRF 450 weight with this kit installed ? I've rid'in the wide, heavy hawks & i like my narrow,lite, crf better. And if i could get a lite,nrrow,flickable 4 stroker, snow bike, that would be the way to go ! Don't like sled's wide,heavy & not as responsive. When & where can i get a demo ride or rental ? What do you have available ? What bike's are kit's available for ? You mentioned the X Games ? What's up with Winter X?

snowhawkaddict

This horse/Larry Storm needs his reins putt back on, info is on the site!

There is a group of Hawk riders in the Reno area that would love to hook up with you if you just jump and take the leap.

http://www.2moto.com/welcome/radix/ http://www.snoxcycle.com/

Blaser

I couldn't agree more. 2Moto has a co-promotional policy that prevents us from disparaging other companies, or their products. We'd prefer to open the market together. With the Hawk, we'd prefer to have a blast together, instead of wasting our limited energies competing. (once we're on the snow, it's still fun to do some friendly competing...)

Thanks for the kudos, Read-

Blaser

Blaser

Not sure why you called him a horse- and most customers want to have their questions answered by a real person instead of a commercial website, before they spend $$ on a new product.

Sent Larry a PM.
Blaser

snowhawkaddict

Trying to make him drink!

The other way is to hand them their a$$ "Wyoming Dragon dealer" and hold them under till they get their fill!

Blaser

Have you been drinking?

snowhawkaddict

Horse to water Bret!

Mr Storm-Sled Heads magazine volume 9 issue 4.

Larry Storm

Wow, Way harsh dude. I tried the hawk a few times now with rider's in Reno. Not sure if that's the folk's your referring too. Just looking for a lighter, more MX feel, 4 stroke alternative. I'm not looking for a sled or that heavy sled feel. And i think ,i found it in a way i can save the cash & use my 4 stroke bikes all year. Can't beat that ! I'll hook up with 2moto as soon as they get back to the Reno area again. I would have already demo'ed one but did'nt know they were already in my area. Sorry but, I'm just looking for the next step, more in the MX off road bike feel. Good luck to you.

EXTREME HAWK

We all just need to get together and go for a ride in the deep stuff one day, never know we might all end up riding a 4 stroke!!!

Larry Storm

YES, Found all the info. & more. Under 300 LBS. 4 stroke ! Can't wait to try one for myself. We may all be rid'in lite weight 4 stroker's. Check out the 650 Berg..... WWW.2MOTO.Com

snowhawkaddict

And you shall find more info Larryson! Don't fall behind, get with the future.

http://snowest.com/forum

Larry Storm

Sorry, But there is nothing new there for me.Kinda dead ! I'd like to know more about the MX bike conversion's. Can't seem to find much. If work wasn't keeping me so close to home i'd be on one the weekend. 2moto will be in my neck of the woods soon. Just in time to size up one of my MX'ers for a kit. Mean while i'm having a blast on the trails. Not enough of any snow so, it's WFO MX style ! Right out my back door.

snowhawkaddict 12/30/2007

So Mr. S give us your, and your buddies honest ride review, all situations?
Everybody is listening, or are you just selling like they think I am? Wrong, I believe!
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7713/1003100en0.jpg

Last edited:
B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
The video clip of the "much requested" Hawk drag race is on our homepage- click the play button to start it. http://www.2moto.com/

The segment is just past 1/2 way on the video- at the end of the race you hear a guy say "cool".

The Hawk 600 136" track (I believe it's Piped/ported) is on the right, and myself on an older KTM 520 with one of our 5 year old short track (80 inch) Sidewinder PROTOTYPES is on the left. The new RadiX kit is literally 2 gears faster than the old Sidewinder... (like 2nd gear vs. 4th gear)

It's interesting how a 600 Hawk doesn't beat one of our old prototypes. That's 124hp Hawk (what he claimed) vs. about 50hp KTM.

I'll work on posting the other clips we shot on a steeper climb with the Hawk.

We'll get some new video as soon as we can round up some more Hawks.

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Am I the only one that doesn't understand what language you're speaking?

Who's Gilmore, and why don't you like him?
Personally, I think Steve is a great guy and it looks like he's a great rider. I don't know why you'd knock him.

painterdrew

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
Im not sure what questions you want answered but I have one of there kits on a KTM 525. I purchased the kit, I am not employed by 2moto, I do not have a promotional interest in the product.

If you want a real world question answered post one or PM me.

You know bikes well? Have you ever been to a motocross race? How many times does a bike get shifted in a 1/2 hour + 2 lap moto or a 20 lap supercross moto? Maybe you should get to know your bikes better or at least get one offroad before accusing someone of misleading others:face-icon-small-blu:beer;

Sounds like you are the one that needs to learn more about bikes.... You ever race a bike in the mud? In normal conditions the rear wheel doesnt have much resistance, Ï would guess that in deep snow it would be alot like riding in mud or even worse with all the resistance. Even with good conditions I have gone through clutches in a weekend of races.

Feel free to talk back with some stupid crap, cause I will surley put you in your place about MX as I have raced for over 16 years.

This is the stupid crap going on here with snowest lately. people like you have to bust into a thread, not knowing a damn thing and blast peoples oppinions to try and look smart or fit in.

With that being said, i'd surley risk going through clutches to ride one of these setups. man they look cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

painterdrew

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
I have a 07 KTM 525 with a 2 moto kit on it.

I purchased the kit and I have no other business relationship with 2 moto. (except that I want to buy another kit from them when they get re stocked. My daughter keeps trying to take mine and not give it back)

I installed the kit myself. The installation was straight forward and the instructions were good and clear. Read them a couple of times before you start.

The install took me about 3-4 hours. I spent more time messing with a right hand rear brake that I was trying to put together than anything else.

I think I could change it back in a little over 2 hours.

I have had the thing out on the snow quite a few times now. It does exactly what they say it will do.

It is very fast on anything that is set up at all. It will go through gaps in the the trees that you would never take a sled through. You can also carve through the edges of tree wells that you wouldnt want to go near on your sled. Never had so much fun riding the ditches and the sides of the road. You can side hill up things and throught he trees that you could never get a sled through.

It is a rocket on the trails. You can cary a lot of corner speed and corner like your on a MX track. The front ski hooks up very well. Gas it coming out of the corner and its like someone launched you out of a slingshot. Makes riding the trail a lot more fun that it is on a sled.. Have not seen a sled so far that will keep up on the trails. (However I ride in the west I know there are some scary fast trail sleds back east not to many here though)

It is not the fastest thing in the world in powder that is up to the fenders but it does work in those conditions. I am going to try a wide simons gen II on the front and a shot of NOS. That should make it a little faster in those conditions. My opinion on these conditions might be biased because I have a Tapex and that is hard to beat on deep snow days.

Like any other snow vehicle you have to set it up right. I have a Recluse Clutch in mine. I set it up with a lot more weight and a different spring than I would run on the dirt. Clutch works fine. Pulled it apart after a 3 day trip and the plates were fine no noticable wear.

I give it a very high reccomendation.

Im going to buy another one. So that I can have 2 of them

Post or PM if you have any questions.

Andrew

L
Dec 30, 2007
What clutch problems ?

No clutch problems. Nothing above or beyond normal wear. No tranny problems at all. No problems at all. Has anybody tried a recluse set-up ? Busy today. Hey Drew, Just read your post. Wonder how recluse would work on a 2stroke ? Nos work's good ! Up to 60HP shot. The Tri Keel 12'' is going on this weekend. Looks nice, custom adapter in hand. Ready to Rip !

Last edited:
B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Any setups for a CRF 450X yet?

I spent about 2 hours on the 450X on New Years day. The FMF pipe
really woke it up. We had bottomless powder conditions, and had no problem breaking trail up into our riding areas. The 450X is a great bike in the snow.

Blaser

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Good to hear! Pipe is definetly in the works for next year....

What is the cost like to put this kit on a CRF if you don't mind my asking, or is there a website for more info?

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
I've got friends asking ? What bike works best for the conversion ? So far :confused:

It really depends on what type of riding you do, and in what type of snow. The RadiX kit is just an extension of your dirt bike, and each OEM brand chassis has it's own handling characteristics that come through in the snow as well.
I like to hit big hills, climb, jump, and race down the trail. My preference is instant brutal power. I like to be able to go off a bump on a downhill and wheelie if need be. My current favorite is the 505 KTM, for those reasons, but my favorite changes as I try each new bike. Last year, the 450 Honda was my favorite, until we set up the KLX. Today I'll be testing a 700cc Husaberg. I suspect I'll have a new favorite once it's jetted in...

Then when the turbo is done (it'll take its first breaths tomorrow, for a base-line dyno run :D) for the 650 Berg, that will probably be the favorite. There is a lot to be said for the agility of a 450 MX bike- like the YZ, CRF, and the KX. They are so light and quick, it's a hard combo to beat unless you're in 4 feet of fluff- and then the more power you've got, the higher you can get. I really think that once the RMZ 450 turbo is ready, that will be the one...

Bottom line is you'll love your bike on snow for all the same reasons you like it on dirt- So until you can ride each brand back to back, stick with what you like.

Hope that helps-

Premium Features