• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Mountain Cat Idling high when stopping

G
Apr 1, 2021
Battle Ground
I have a 2022 mountain cat and everytime I stop, can be from a hard run or just slow trail riding, it sits at 2600 rpm. I have to blip the throttle a few times to get it to come down. Throttle cable doesn't look too tight. I thought it was something to do with the break-in procedure but it has continued to do it after the break-in was complete. Have about 200 miles and north of 10 hours on it. Anybody else experience this?

Z
Jan 26, 2011
I have a 2022 mountain cat and everytime I stop, can be from a hard run or just slow trail riding, it sits at 2600 rpm. I have to blip the throttle a few times to get it to come down. Throttle cable doesn't look too tight. I thought it was something to do with the break-in procedure but it has continued to do it after the break-in was complete. Have about 200 miles and north of 10 hours on it. Anybody else experience this?
Nature of the engine. Does this to burn off excess fuel for emission reasons. Usually no longer than 15-30 seconds. I just use the time to take my gloves and helmet off if I am going to shut it off. If you dont, you will get a backfire on restart most of the time.

beerios5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2013
east kootney
It doesn’t drop rpm until your exhaust temp drops below a certain temp. Can’t remember exactly what it is though. U can select it on your gauge and watch it the temp drop down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features