• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Khaos 850 Ride Reviews

N
Dec 7, 2007
Number9t great info on the shocks, I was wondering how much you are changing your front track shock when you are adjusting the rear shock to keep your skis more planted ? I have been running both of my track shocks with the low speed set on 3 clicks back from all the way stiff and my high speed set on 7 back from all the way stiff > Do you play around with your shock springs ? I have fond that just a half turn on the rear shock makes a noticeable difference .

I haven't played with the front track shock yet. We've been getting the short end of the stick when it comes to getting new snow. We've only had a couple of good days with deep snow. For the high speed compression, I run them pretty tight. I'm a bigger guy (280ish with gear) so I try and make it so the sled doesn't bottom out too often, but is still using most of the range of the suspension travel. I'm really new to snowmobile suspension set up and just trying to learn as I go.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I haven't played with the front track shock yet. We've been getting the short end of the stick when it comes to getting new snow. We've only had a couple of good days with deep snow. For the high speed compression, I run them pretty tight. I'm a bigger guy (280ish with gear) so I try and make it so the sled doesn't bottom out too often, but is still using most of the range of the suspension travel. I'm really new to snowmobile suspension set up and just trying to learn as I go.

So are we........winter really hasn't showed up at all here in Michigan. Sad.

N
Dec 7, 2007
Don't mean to throw water on the khaos fire you all got burning here, :)

but . . . .
Rode with a guy during the week with a 155 Khaos, and he REALLY struggled with keeping the front end down in deep powder (4 ft +). I ride an AXYS 163, the other guy rode a AXYS 155, then the Khaos 155. Us with the AXYS sleds were able to keep the front ends down and under control to maintain momentum, and climb / ride where we wanted to go, but the Khaos was not able to make it. Front end in the air, lose momentum, then stuck badly. He is going to tighten up the limiter strap about 1" and get the heavier weight 210# rear track spring (basically make it into an Axys) to see if that helps. From what i saw, i am glad i got the Axys instead of the Khaos for the deep powder riding we do. Cant wait to see how the changes he is making on his sled work out for him.

I would have your friend watch this video first. Jack Struthers is the man when it comes to this stuff. It might be a lot cheaper to just take a little preload out of the front track shock and stiffen up the rear low speed compression. Hopefully he gets if figured out.

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Same here in Labrador. We don't even have half the amount of snow we had this time last year. Gonna make it interesting for Cains Quest.

Head down to gros morne at all? We are heading over first of march. We were there last year and I was impressed.

Premium Features