• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 850 Summit X exhaust can recommendation

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I have tried a lot of cans on 800 and 850 Etecs, and only found two that didn't actually hurt performance/cause random bogs that want to throw you over the bars. The early 800 SLP was the worst, limp mode. I am sure they are better now. GGB worked well on 800 sleds but will rust in one ride. SSI on an 800 would try to throw you over the bars with bogs AND deafen you at the same time. I have never tried Diamond-S but for the price I won't. The only can I will run on an Etec is HPS. A little spendy but it is like the $1000 Borla mufflers I just put on my CTS-V: I could have put $400 MBRP on the car, but I paid for the R&D that went into the product to ensure performance, not the actual cost of a muffler. If that makes sense.
I love how some guys think that if it makes more noise then it must perform better.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
The way you go through sleds, you are going to worry about a couple hundred bucks difference on a titanium muffler? Lol

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I have run several "cans" over the years, Diamond S, HPS, J&T, SLP, Dynoport, and some I can not remember.
I was sold on the Diamond S, but after having a weld separate on the stinger, melting my hood, airbox, headlight, bottom pan, side panel and discoloring everything inside they said oops, we had some weld issues and repaired the can, I got to pay for all the other stuff that melted.

HPS has been good, and was what I have been running since and have great customer service.

I will not be getting one for my turbo, I will leave it stock for the time being, as I have gotten older I seem to like the least amount of noise possible.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The way you go through sleds, you are going to worry about a couple hundred bucks difference on a titanium muffler? Lol
Yes. Times two. Why spend more for the same thing to save a couple of pounds? I could take a dump, kick some snow off my sled, or take one less hot pocket to save weight. Seriously, have you ever seen a guy who is so worried about weight actually clean out his skid and tunnel before going for another rip? Free weight loss right there. (And I take BIG dumps.) :)

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Yes. Times two. Why spend more for the same thing to save a couple of pounds? I could take a dump, kick some snow off my sled, or take one less hot pocket to save weight. Seriously, have you ever seen a guy who is so worried about weight actually clean out his skid and tunnel before going for another rip? Free weight loss right there. (And I take BIG dumps.) :)
I have seen people come down and remove coats, belt covers, etc to lose weight because they got beat.
You don't have to like them, they like themselves enough to go around.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Then why get ha can at all? Save your money! Why are you putting a can on in the first place, you will save hundreds running the stock can! Just knock some more ice off!

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I have seen people come down and remove coats, belt covers, etc to lose weight because they got beat.
You don't have to like them, they like themselves enough to go around.
That is funny. We don't ride like that here, but I get it. The thing about this forum is that everyone assumes that everyone rides the same and in the same conditions. I rode for most of my life in Alaska, when I moved to Idaho I had to re-learn how to ride. Trees. I didn't get it when I moved here, and I still don't like tight trees much, but the long chutes and pulls have no interest for me any more.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
That is funny. We don't ride like that here, but I get it. The thing about this forum is that everyone assumes that everyone rides the same and in the same conditions. I rode for most of my life in Alaska, when I moved to Idaho I had to re-learn how to ride. Trees. I didn't get it when I moved here, and I still don't like tight trees much, but the long chutes and pulls have no interest for me any more.

I am not a fan of that riding and I am getting too old and slow for tight tree riding, but do enjoy boondocking through generously spaced trees.
For the last several years I have used an aftermarket can for the sole purpose of a cooker. After learning to use the stock can to heat up my lunch I will not be wasting any more money on them.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Oh man. I have had the BEST crappy meals on the hill the last year! Spaghetti that tastes like crap at the house is amazing on the mountain. Same with BBQ little smokies. Potstickers. But cooking on the stock can is pretty cool, did it for years. BBQ hot pockets in foil, smashed against the side panel for 5-10 minutes? Yum.

R
Nov 16, 2016
Talk about good tasting little smookies! For that great Bombardier Injection Oil flavor, you can do what I did by installing a small copper tube from my exhaust system to my Hot Dogger.
The flavor is beyond compare!
Disregard any warnings against doing this..... it is safe! ;)

Hot Dogger exhaust injection system.jpg

Disclaimer..... the above should not be tried!

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
After seeing (hearing) a few brands, how loud they are, i was talked into a Diamond-S quiet can. After seeing a vid of the compared to stock, and feedback from a few guys I personally know running them, I thought "ok, i'll give it a try thanks"
I was amazed at how low the weight is.

Hey Joe ,
Did you notice a change in RPM when you installed the Ti can ?

Premium Features