• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 m8 fires but won’t stay running

S
Jan 29, 2018
So just rebuilt the motor in my 2017 m8 has slp stage 3 kit on it all the wires are plugged in all the hoses are plugged in it fire but won’t stay running just dies

Would the timing key be an issue? I got a new crank and it had a timing key in it witch is a stock key

Any advice would be helpful getting spark and fuel !!!

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Put a guage in line on your fuel to verify pressure while pulling over and see if it bleeds off when trying to fire. Can also jump fuel pump with 12 volts to check pump and see if sled will fire on that. Make sure spark is clean and blue while pulling over. Remove top 2 plugs and pull over with no compression is best. Faster speed. Check harness grounds as well as those can cause issues. Went through an intermittent issue like this on my 13 and it was a wiring issue. Not sure where but after messing with it multiple times and rerouting wire to fuel pump it hasnt troubled me in 3 yrs. No parts changed.
Also if you have a fuel controller on it, check connections on that and even temporarily remove it and see if it runs.

Premium Features