• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 King Cat vertical steering post

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I'm not so sure it needs verticle steering as much as just a taller riser. The factory one is short. And a lower seat. It's like riding with a big fat pillow between your legs.

Aug 20, 2013
North Dakota
What Bacon said.....I ended up putting a 6.5" riser in place of the 4.5" riser it came with. I didn't like being hunched over while riding standing up.

Along with that I think the steering support structure is slightly different on the King Cat, so I don't know if the bolt on supports for the vertical post will line up right. I have not checked this however, just some thoughts.

127x

Jan 14, 2012
North Dakota
I've done it ready
Order all the parts off 2016 m7000
Works great
Cut hole by were your recoil handle would be for the bottom two bolts
Took bout 2.5 hrs

Hands down better then standard steering
Not even close how better the sled handles

S
Feb 22, 2017
I've done it ready
Order all the parts off 2016 m7000
Works great
Cut hole by were your recoil handle would be for the bottom two bolts
Took bout 2.5 hrs

Hands down better then standard steering
Not even close how better the sled handles

Sounds good mod. Got some pic of the set up?

nw-sickboy

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
Meridian ID
Finishing this up tonight. It’s definitely possible - I ended up using parts from kit and from the 2016 like was mentioned above. I’ll post more details/pics later. Feels like it puts bars in a great position.

nw-sickboy

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
Meridian ID
I finished his last week. I ordered the kit from that was offered from 12-15 and the parts from the 16 hcr (poster above stated the year model) - the single post Bay the gas tank is a better fit
From 16 model — the dual post would
Work from either. The kit or parts from a 16 will work. I’m pretty sure you’ll need to stack a few washers if you use the kit to make the single support tall enough.

Disregard the switches - ordered these for my mountain cat and love them - ordered them for the kin cat and ..... they don’t work - ha - should have read the listing a little closer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
I finished his last week. I ordered the kit from that was offered from 12-15 and the parts from the 16 hcr (poster above stated the year model) - the single post Bay the gas tank is a better fit
From 16 model — the dual post would
Work from either. The kit or parts from a 16 will work. I’m pretty sure you’ll need to stack a few washers if you use the kit to make the single support tall enough.

Disregard the switches - ordered these for my mountain cat and love them - ordered them for the kin cat and ..... they don’t work - ha - should have read the listing a little closer.
Anyone have any pictures or details for doing the vertical steering post on a 2014 m9000?
Still not really sure how this modification works?

Aug 20, 2013
North Dakota
So can anyone confirm that using the 2012-2015 vertical steering upgrade kit works? I have spent quite a bit of time looking through parts diagrams and it appears that it should work. I called Country Cat and their tech i spoke with said that it would not work that the steering support system is shaped different. My biggest concern is that the steering shaft works from the kit and that the 3 bolt holes for the supports line up up top.

Thanks

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
So can anyone confirm that using the 2012-2015 vertical steering upgrade kit works? I have spent quite a bit of time looking through parts diagrams and it appears that it should work. I called Country Cat and their tech i spoke with said that it would not work that the steering support system is shaped different. My biggest concern is that the steering shaft works from the kit and that the 3 bolt holes for the supports line up up top.

Thanks
The Center support is different. You need the one from the M7000 or the Yamaha Viper

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
The M9000 post is different, the spars on the chassis are not the same as the Viper or M7000 (which used a N/A yamaha engine) That said, I never tried mounting an 1100 setup, just bought the tripod from a wrecked viper. If you go this route, pick up a set of Canada Sled Parts bushings, way better then stock.

Aug 20, 2013
North Dakota
Put my sled back together the other day and i again realized how nice the vertical steering is on the 4 strokes. Brings me back to my old m1100 and i loved that sled. I have a feeling this is going to make me enjoy this sled even more then i already do.

Thanks for the help with all my questions.

Premium Features