• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Washington Snowmobile & Power Sports Expo and Swap meet

biggdaddy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Show

Why are the problems not being handled as they arise? Why not deal with the problem people and kick them out and punish them? No instead when one kid screws up in class and that one being punished we r now going to punish the entire class. You need to deal with the problem people and the problems not just punish everyone. I thank wssa for all they do but just missed the boat on this. I don't think you have 10 happy to 1 sad this year I think that's normal years but this year it was reversed. I myself am done with the show from now on. It is sad what this show has just gotten worse every year. I would recommend as problems come up deal with the problem child not the whole class. I hope it survives and changes its ways but I think the show has a short life remaining.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I actually talked to the wssa people inside the show, I get informed on what's going on instead of sitting back and typing on a keyboard saying how somebody has no clue what they are doing. I am vendor and I sell used parts inside the show. I bust my butt to get stuff ready for the show and I could only imagine how much work the wssa VOLUNTEERS put in to the show. the rules in the parking lot have not changed. When I was selling in the parking lot the rules were the same and that's been several years ago. Fees went up $10 my math says that is not doubled. the rules had not been enforced but when there are multiple fist fights in the parking lot and there is drinking and is out of control the cops show up and have to waist there time baby sitting the city of Puyallup notices and contacts wssa and threatens to shut them down if it keeps up. So wssa with there hands tied have to enforce the cities rules. what I see is a handful of people complaining and a few are the same ones complaining about tabs going up. It us stuff that needs to happen or we will have nothing. without wssa we probably would not be able to ride in Washington state. Saying your done with the snow show because of lack of vendors is because of threads like this. If I read this thread and trying to figure out which shows I would decide not to do it. You guys are hurting yourselves not wssa they do this for you. But as bunch of ungrateful sledders you can sit back and bitch about it. I wonder why we don't have stuff to do in this state for sledding stuff. no matter what we do people will sit back on here and tell us how bad we do it. Will I do the snow show next year? As of right now probably not. Is this because of wssa not even a little bit. It's because of people like the ones who are posting on here and complaining to me. We all wish there was more snow last year and we have our fingers crossed this year. a lot of people didn't even ride last year so they don't need anything for this season. to many factors that affected the show this year. changing venues is not the answer and going to other shows would be good for you guys. Maybe you will realize how good you really got it to have a show right in your back yard. unflrtunately Edmonton put there show the same weekend as ours and they get the chris burants and most of the big names. Not wssa fault. there s is conflicts every weekend. Now I feel better thanks

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
I didn't go, Fist time I've missed the show since... Well since I knew a show happened there. Before that I'd attend the old Snowmobile Auction that used to be held at the Enumclaw fairgrounds (WAAAY BACK)
I didn't go for one simple reason.
I didn't ride once last year because of the complete lack of snow in the region.
I didn't need anything. (I hope my case of oil I bought last year doesn't go bad!)
All my gear is still like new.

As far as the Whiners and complainers..?
There will always be whiners no matter what you try to do to accommodate them.
WSSA does a great deal of work to keep areas open, I know this because I've attended their winter rendezvous convention/rides a few times and seen what they do behind the scenes for all of us.

Face it. There will always be a group of people who will pitch a fit if you gave then a free $100 bill because what they really wanted was two $50's.
Dan, you've been doing this thankless job for a long time. I appreciate it.

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
I think that there are a lot of people that have either been misunderstood or don't know the whole story. I think everyone on these forums, myself included, greatly appreciate the work of the wssa in all facets of their existense. The volunteers put in a remarkable amount of time and effort to make these kinds of things happen. I think it would be well received if members of the planning committee (or whatever body of the wssa is relavant) would maybe ask for suggestions or open discussion with the intent of bettering the annual snow show. Granted everyone has ideas, some work, some dont. Most of us only get to experience the consumer side of the show, and have very little insight to the inner workings of putting on this event.
I for one, may have come off brash earlier and for that I apologize. It's just hard to see the show diminished to what it is now. Is there a ton of effort that goes into this show, yes. Do we all appreciate those efforts, yes. Could a few things be changed to make the show a better experience, yes.

I'll shut up now...

C

chief 8101

Nov 26, 2007
Monroe WA
If the biggest complaints on the snow show are issues caused by the Puyallup fair grounds and puyallup police then why is WSSA not open to looking at alternative locations to hold the show. The lack of snow the past couple years has definitely hurt the shows attendances but the show has been in a steady decline for several years. Why not at least investigate monroe as a location?

Seems to me that most of the complaints about the Puyallup fair grounds would not be an issue at the monroe grounds and since their fair ends earlier there very well could be other dates available for the show that do not conflict with hunting seasons. And by the way, deer season starts the weekend of Oct 14th next year....the dates are set three years at a time.

I know that hundreds or volunteer hours go into the show, but when the organizers are not even willing to look at alternatives to making the show better then there is a problem.

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
WE'VE LOOKED FOR ALTERNATE LOCATIONS ,,,,,, BUT

We've looked at several different locations over the years, The Puyallup fair grounds is the largest and easiest for every one involved. NONE of the expo commttiee live anywhere near Monroe. We are all from the south end. If you want to put a group together and explore taking it over, We'll help you , no problem. The Monroe fair grounds does however have about the exact same rules as Puyallup. Not saying it cant be done, Just not very practical for us NON paid volunteers, also, I called the dept of game, its not set in stone yet, hunting season is either oct 15th or the following weekend of the 22nd, it has to go thru the legislation still.

Last edited:

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
I think that there are a lot of people that have either been misunderstood or don't know the whole story. I think everyone on these forums, myself included, greatly appreciate the work of the wssa in all facets of their existense. The volunteers put in a remarkable amount of time and effort to make these kinds of things happen. I think it would be well received if members of the planning committee (or whatever body of the wssa is relavant) would maybe ask for suggestions or open discussion with the intent of bettering the annual snow show. Granted everyone has ideas, some work, some dont. Most of us only get to experience the consumer side of the show, and have very little insight to the inner workings of putting on this event.
I for one, may have come off brash earlier and for that I apologize. It's just hard to see the show diminished to what it is now. Is there a ton of effort that goes into this show, yes. Do we all appreciate those efforts, yes. Could a few things be changed to make the show a better experience, yes.

I'll shut up now...

Ditto!!!

My apologies also, if I stepped on any toes. And, YES, we all appreciate WSSA very much for everything. Every year, the first thing I do when entering the main building, is to write my check for my WSSA membership. I always give extra at the parking lot also. Why? Because I believe in WSSA and without them, we wouldn't be able to ride anywhere except on private property. But, I also think that there are some serious issues with the snow show. I was merely trying to express the sentiment that I (as well as almost everyone that I talked to) had about the event, in hopes of curing a problem. Not just to complain. As far as Monroe vs. Puyallup, I think there would be some major differences. Monroe has numerous motorsports events including auto racing and motocross. They also have flea markets and swap meets. I don't think there would be an issue with sleds started for more than 30 seconds. Why wouldn't WSSA have a motorsport event there? They could have grass drags, freestyle motocross and sled jumping. Since WSSA included ATV's, side by sides and motorcycles this year, why couldn't they have a motocross course and side by side races. These are cool things that even non-sledder people would pay to see. This translates to more attendance and more money for WSSA. Gee, this is starting to sound like Hayday's. How many of the people that attend that event are non-sledders, just there for the entertainment? Understand? It is possible, just not easy.

Last edited:
C

chief 8101

Nov 26, 2007
Monroe WA
I guess since the volunteers all live in the South end then WSSA should not even explore moving to Monroe. Why not open it up and see how many volunteers would agree to help out in moving the show to Monroe? If the main reason to stay in Puyallup is because it is more convenient for the WSSA volunteers that are currently involved then the show is doomed with priorities such as those.

I am not trying to bad mouth the current volunteers and the hard work they put into the show, but to simply keep repeating the same thing year after year with the result being worse shows every year then something needs to be done.

Snodawg points out a lot of reasons above as to why moving to a different location could make a huge change in how the snow show is looked at and attendance at it.

Premium Features