• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Washington Snowmobile & Power Sports Expo and Swap meet

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
To all, make sure and spread the word, We've opened up this years EXPO to all power sports, Just trying to get our attendance up and get more people involved. I've pushed for this for many years. Seems like the last few years we've seen more and more of this stuff at the show anyways, Most Manufacturers sell more than just snowmobiles, Spread the word, lets make this the biggest show around ! Fill the swap meet with bikes , quads, side by sides, sleds, watercraft ect ect. Octo 17th and 18th WASHINGTON STATE FAIR EVENTS CENTER, PUYALLUP WA. for more info go to WWW.WSSA.US OR CALL 866-999-3976

geezler

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2014
Federal Way
Swap Meet Schedule

:face-icon-small-sad Why does the swap meet always seem to be scheduled for the opening weekend of deer hunting? I look forward to attending when it's not but that happens rarely.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
:face-icon-small-sad Why does the swap meet always seem to be scheduled for the opening weekend of deer hunting? I look forward to attending when it's not but that happens rarely.

this is a GREAT point. i have to choose between hunting and the snow show. Snow show wins, but now i can't go hunting. Lame. :face-icon-small-dis

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
WOW, I just looked at WSSA web site and see that is $50 to park in Blue lot with my for sale sled on the deck. That is each day.... I'm not sure if it has always been this much as I have not done the parking lot sale in the past but I didn't want the hassle of a booth but $65 for a 2 day booth or $50 for one day in the parking lot is a little over the top.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Well, I think their plan to increase business backfired. The blue lot was the worse I have ever seen and I was thinking well they must have all moved inside. NOT Happening. The inside swap was even worse.

See what happens when you raise the price and try to enforce stupid rules on people, they just don't show up.

SOLUTION:
1) Drop the price to sell in the blue lot to $25
2) No dealers or businesses in the blue lot
3) Allow tables to be setup on the ground so that people don't have to climb into trailers (up slippery, unsafe ramps).

ATTN: WSSA Don't bite off the hand that feeds you. The blue lot truly is your bread and butter. Us sledder types are the kind of people that love to tinker with sleds and buy used parts. It's in our DNA. AND guess what, once we show up for the blue lot swap meet, we pay to go inside and we still spend more money in there. Without a thriving blue lot swap meet, we will just stay home and shop online. Sad truth.

Rant over....

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
You are exactly right. I was very disappointed in the show this yr. We come over every yr to go to the show and this is the worst I remember. I'm just guessing here, but I bet the blue lot was about 40% of usual activity. $50 a day is stupid. Inside swap was a joke. Seriously a joke. Make it a reasonable price to sell in the blue lot. Read the damn hunting regs and don't do the show on opening weekend. The atv/utv/mx is a good idea to boost attendance, but seriously? Let's see if we can do a bit better.

R
Dec 12, 2007
Orting, WA
The blue lot has always been a great family place. It was a place that we could all go and "tail gate", hang out and bs. Most everyone that goes to the blue lot also goes inside as well. That being said, if less people show up to the blue lot because the price is too high, the less people that will go inside too.

NO BBQ's and nothing on the ground in the blue lot??? Really???? Makes NO since and it backfired. I have never seen a problem with anyone EVER in the blue lot. Why was the change made this year?

I say go back to the $25 and have it the way it use to be. It wasnt broken before so NO need to change it.

My 2 cents.

CaptNCoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edgewood, Wa
I totally agree, totally ruined what is usually a great day to see all the peeps that enjoy the sport, get to hang out, bs, sell some stuff, buy some stuff, check out all the latest and greatest......it is definitely the " tailgate" spot to kick off the season, always has been.
Family friendly, and always a great time...

As said above, lower the price, Who wants to commit to 2 days inside to just try and sell extra, old parts that are just laying around the garage? Or to even sell a sled?

Move the date to a weekend earlier .... The big snow show in Canada is the same weekend, which means we won't see a lot of the after market companies .....

One more year like this failure, we won't have a snow show anymore....
That would suck for sure..
Just my 2.5 cents

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
Blue lot swap meet?

If you were there you saw it, 5 to 6 rows of trailers and very low attendance everywhere. Nothing on the ground for sale? No pop ups unless over your trailer? You could have your lawn chair on the ground if you were sitting in it. I get what they were trying to do, last year as it is every year when we are all enjoying the sport we love to doo! A few peeps had a little to much fun caused some problems (just like the sledders who ride ride out of bounds) we all get to pay the price. This is a family sport don't need to see peeps getting trashed (that looks good for us) being loud (we all like it when we're up on the hill and some comes by with LOUD pipes) and then load their trailers and trucks and drive home. Not saying we can't have fun but once again because of a few we are having more rules against us and it's costing all of us more. I have been going to the show since the late 90's and enjoy seeing friends and families that I have gotten to know through sledding and don't want to see it go away. The show was still great, good deals, and with the plus side of it didn't have to wait in long lines to buy things. Will see what happens next year.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Moxee wa 98936
WSSAsnow show Flop

I agree with snodawg !! Whatever you changed from previous years has back fired I sure attendence is down from previous years Vendors and sellers was down Side by side was a joke ... Some of the dealers and vendors were a little to relaxed didn't seem to care if they made a sell or not . outside vendors just left a phone number .. Hello a dishonest person could of sold some sleds without the owner even knowing !!! But thanks to all the volunteers who helped out !! Hopefully some of this input will make this a better Event in the Future !!Thanks for your Time and Effort !!

BigT

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sequim, WA
I noticed attendance down this year as well. Seemed to be down a lot in my opinion. Kind of makes since though--no snow year last year and predictions by most forecasters of a crappy snow year this year. I know I went to the show needing absolutely nothing for gear or sled this years because I did not wear out or brake anything last year. I wasn't planning on going until I got asked to help in a booth.
I have not sold anything in the blue lot and have only bought a couple small items from the blue lot so I can't speak on the happenings there. I usually walk through just to check it out but did not this year.
I was surprised there wasn't more bikes at the show since it opened up this year.
All-in-all, the show was good.

BigT

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
One of the big performance mods these days are turbos, correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see one turbo mfg there. Guess they were all at other shows. And then throw in hunting season opening day. WSSA needs to learn how to read a calendar.

As far as the rules go. They could have just had more security in the lot to keep people from throwing too big of a party. Not make everyone pay the price for the idiots.

biggdaddy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
2015 snow show was sad.

We went to the puyallup snow show on Saturday as we have for the previous 10 years or so and I agree with everything said above. There was nobody selling in blue lot so to say there was probably 8 rows instead of the normal 20 plus rows. We had to go and walk in and out of everyone's trailers stepping over Misc parts for sale. This was my last snow show that I will be selling at. I will only try to attend one more next year possibly if I need stuff. But as of now I don't think I will be attending the snow show again. This was seriously the worst show of any type of show from guns, outdoor, ect that I have ever attended. If you have a problem with some people and what they are doing punish them not all of us with some of the dumbest rules and regs I have seen. I hope it gets better for those who continue to attend.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
God forbid if a snowmobile part touched their weed infested parking lot. And 50 bucks to sell and have people stumbling through your trailer, what stoner thought this up. With all the places in Washington you would think they could just change the location. I wonder how the attendance would be if it was in yakima at the sundome and in there fairgrounds?

Last edited:

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
We have decided to go to the Spokane Snow Show just to see how it compares with Puyallup. Never been before, so it will be interesting. They have a completely different way of running their swapmeet. Actually three different methods of selling stuff. Sounds cool. Look at their instructions for sellers below.

2015_Snow_Show_Detailed_Flyer.jpg

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
I was actually thinking about trying to make it over to the Spokane SnowShow as well. Could be worth checking out for sure! I cant seem to find any Contact info anywhere? I'd like to setup the DareDevil Goggle stand, but not sure if I can do that at the swapmeet or if I need to get a spot inside etc? Anyone see and email address or phone number?

Last edited:
Premium Features