• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Ford Super Duty uping the ante

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
FYI, in regards to the "brutally hard" ride, the tires are probably inflated to max, 80 PSI. Any truck will ride like a tank at that pressure and not hauling any weight.

My '15 GMC had 81 PSI in the rear and 75 PSI in the front. Rode like a tank. I now have 48 in the rear and 55 in the fronts, much better.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Whats the difference between the F250 and the F350?
The only thing I can see is a taller rear riser block on the springs, and possibly the spring rate itself.

That might contribute to the F350 "feeling" stiffer than the F250.
Otherwise they appear to be the same vehicle?

Point being, the F250 MIGHT ride a bit softer unloaded than the F350 ????

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Yeah, but who the heck would pay MSRP? Invoice price is readily available online and the dealer gets incentives on top of that...

I paid $2,000 less than invoice on my '14 CCSB Lariat

You're not going to pay invoice on a BRAND new release of a truck. Generally dealer only gets holdback plus any money they sell above invoice. Once in a while the dealer will pay volume bonuses, but that is not an all the time thing and they only get that if they sell say 25% more trucks than they normally do.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
...or end the model year sales (left overs). I always order my trucks and get exactly what I want, but that limits the bargaining edge. I get rebates, military discounts, costco rebates, etc. Brand new release has way less bargaining edge.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Just for reference I special ordered a 2014 Ram 2500 and as long as the dealer doesn't back out and my credit goes through I'm buying the truck for $1300 under invoice minus rebates. Its going to be 10-11k under MSRP depending on rebates at time of delivery.

For me a 2015 GM Duramax would of been ~$7000 more and and a 2015 Ford would be almost $10k more.

2014 GM would of been a maybe $2000 more and a 2014 Ford would of been $4000 more.

Got the best deal on the Ram and IMO its the best all around truck (between Cummins, nicest interior, best ride, tightest turning radius and shortest overall length which fits in my garage).

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Just for reference I special ordered a 2014 Ram 2500 and as long as the dealer doesn't back out and my credit goes through I'm buying the truck for $1300 under invoice minus rebates. Its going to be 10-11k under MSRP depending on rebates at time of delivery.

For me a 2015 GM Duramax would of been ~$7000 more and and a 2015 Ford would be almost $10k more.

2014 GM would of been a maybe $2000 more and a 2014 Ford would of been $4000 more.

Got the best deal on the Ram and IMO its the best all around truck (between Cummins, nicest interior, best ride, tightest turning radius and shortest overall length which fits in my garage).

I am not really a GM guy (Milehigh will attest to that:face-icon-small-win)
but $2,000 more for the GM would have been money well spent, and returned at end of use cycle.

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
The spring rate is pretty much the only difference in a 250(0) to a 350(0), unless you have a 1 ton with duallies.

There is roughly $1000 difference in a F-250 vs F-350 SRW, so a new set of springs and an afternoon in the garage and then you have a F-350 with F-250 badging.

Or am I missing something obvious?

J

Jeff800

Dec 2, 2007
Washington
In the February issue of Diesel Power, it has test on the 2015 F450 Platinum edition. Nice looking truck impressive numbers but $70,000(est) price tag is ridiculous. That same issue has a shoot out with the F450 2013 and a 2013 Ram 3500HD, which wouldn't seem like apples to apples. The Ram is down on HP by 15hp but up in torque by 50lb-ft. The test was pretty even except for braking Ram wins hands down thanks to the exhaust brake.

Some day looking to replace my 2002 F350 dually with the 7.3L but with only 72,000 miles on it and the cost of new rigs think I'll hang on to it.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Fully loaded rams and the GMC Denali also push the 70,000 mark.

We have inflation and the EPA to thank for that. There is almost 10,000 worth of emissions junk on all the new ones.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Fully loaded rams and the GMC Denali also push the 70,000 mark.

We have inflation and the EPA to thank for that. There is almost 10,000 worth of emissions junk on all the new ones.

That might be true for the Ram, Honestly don't know but you cannot buy a $70,000 GMC Denali.

I fully loaded a 3500 Dually, Denali, with every single option and it is about $67,xxx. That includes everything except accessories (chrome gas cap cover, cargo organizer, tool boxes, chrome door pulls, etc, etc). REAL options, sunroof, navigation, DVD/Blueray, etc, etc.

I'm not sure about Ford and Dodge, but in many cases you can buy a 1-ton cheaper than a 3/4 ton on the GMC side. It will depend where you live but if you live in a major metro area or close enough to one, there is less advertising on a 1 ton than 3/4 ton. MSRP is MSRP everywhere, but invoice price includes regional advertising, so invoice in small town in the middle of nowhere will be less than a major city. When you see said truck at a football or baseball game, rodeo event, etc, etc that money comes out of every vehicle sold on the invoice. With GMC they do not charge that money to a 1 ton. The only difference in the GMC is a helper spring on the back end and slightly different shock valving, you won't notice the shocks or the helper spring since it floats until loaded up. Buy the 1 ton if you can. There are fewer trucks usually in the 1 ton selection than 3/4 ton. That may change.

Also, there is a lot of money in emissions equipment but not $10k worth. I believe it is closer to $3k on the manufacture side of things.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
My 88 year old grandfather just committed to a promise made LONG ago.
I am going to pick it up son.

It's a 1968 (he says it's a 64) ford long bed. It has f250 emblems, but he said the title says it's an F100.
Can't wait to fix it up.
Looks like the shop truck in the last Fast n Loud episode but long bed. Same creme color.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Last edited:
I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
I like this one, so I'll weigh in on this one.

It IS fun to make 600lbs at 1/2 throttle pulling away from your buddy who has it to the floor. .

you won't be pulling away from my stock EcoBoost Scooty, just ask Big John :face-icon-small-coo:biggrin1::biggrin1: (Well, "almost stock") :face-icon-small-ton

I am done with Diesel trucks. Bought a 2013 F150 FX4 EcoBoost. With the towing power / economy / performance of the Ecoboost half ton, I will never need a diesel again for what I do. Nor what 90% of truck owners use them for. Unless you pull HEAVY all the time it is a wste IMHO. The cost all around is so much more for not any major benefit its insane, let alone the obnoxious noise of a moddeddiesel along with the black smoke which REALLY pisses me off.

As always, to each their own.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
you won't be pulling away from my stock EcoBoost Scooty, just ask Big John :face-icon-small-coo:biggrin1::biggrin1: (Well, "almost stock") :face-icon-small-ton

I am done with Diesel trucks. Bought a 2013 F150 FX4 EcoBoost. With the towing power / economy / performance of the Ecoboost half ton, I will never need a diesel again for what I do. Nor what 90% of truck owners use them for. Unless you pull HEAVY all the time it is a wste IMHO. The cost all around is so much more for not any major benefit its insane, let alone the obnoxious noise of a moddeddiesel along with the black smoke which REALLY pisses me off.

As always, to each their own.

A buddy of mine has a Chev 1/2 ton gasser. He rode in my truck last week (with full deleted exhaust, 37" Toyo MT tires) headed up for an ATV ride.

After 1/2 hour down the road at highway speed he says (and I quote)...

"Wait...is this a diesel?"

:face-icon-small-hap
HAHAHA

Premium Features