• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Diesel Tundra vs The Rest

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
The lower psi ratings are correct as they enter the injector then its increased to 21000 7.3 with a poppet valve and 26000 for the 6.0 with a spool valve! Also pyrometer can show you manifold pressure by temp the higher the temp the more pressure! Example: A CAT 3406B IS BEST AT AROUND 1100ºF hotter then that you start to torch the exhaust port! A Cummins N14 likes it at around 12-1300ºF! The reason a pyro works is you start getting hot back out of the throttle a little and the pressure drops and temp comes down! I am well a ware of the Navastar design flaws! Ask anyone that knows diesels about the 444BC Cummins and you will learn about that Nightmare of an engine!

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
you are pretty much saying the average guy should not own a 6.0. a guy that changes oil by the book, uses the suggested oil from ford, and wants the turn the key and go should not own a 6.0.

................sounds like a good pickup to own! :crazy:

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
right after i posted that i got to thinkn, what if im wrong i better double check, put the truck on the hoist and popped the rear cover off and......just as i said 41 ring gear teeth and 10 pinion teeth 41/10=4:10gears

R
Sep 8, 2013
Interior Alaska
I as many trash talked the 6.0L for years and what a shame it was and how Ford screwed up! Then I learned the truth! Only a small percentage of the early 6.0s actually had engine issues! The high compression injectors and piss poor maintenance of them and the engine in general did it in! Look up on most diesel forums and do more research! The problem was poor maintenance of the whole truck! Yes international made the engine too finicky! And the EGR was killing all engines it was on! Poor maintenance of the batteries ruins the FICM!

fail

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Ok RibbedRider, there's 1 of 2 things going on here......

1 You don't actually believe 90% of the stupidity you are posting, you are just trying to keep it interesting around here.
If that is the case, well played & I kinda think you're ok.

or

2 You are drinking the same koolaid which you are pouring, well then I guess you are in this cyber community because you have been cast out of the virtual community. In which case I would bet you are not even a snowmobiler.

For now I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume #1
Keep stirring the pot brotha!

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska

1 You don't actually believe 90% of the stupidity you are posting, you are just trying to keep it interesting around here.

or

2 You are drinking the same koolaid which you are pouring, well then I guess you are in this cyber community because you have been cast out of the virtual community. In which case I would bet you are not even a snowmobiler.

He's full of #2.....He's just a kid showing his ignorance...He posted a pic of himself on a new Assault either on here or BCR a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
where do you guys buy trucks from, i guaranty my duramax has 4:10 gears i wouldnt buy one without 4:10

just curious, what exactly is your dmax? year, model, etc. etc.? just wondering cuz I've also heard and read from many sources the dmax only comes with 3.73s. i have an 05 and have friends that have them ranging from 02-08 and they're all 3.73s. have heard both ways on '12+ dmaxs and also cab and chassis trucks but have never seen one with factory 4.10s.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Well BRING YOUR HAPPY @$$3 $ OVER AND PUT YOUR TRUCK THOUGH THE PACES AND SHOW MY 6.0 UP! TILL THEN!!!!!!

be sure to put it on the trickle charger tonight so the batteries have enough juice to make the injectors work correctly tomorrow
<mytubeelement data="{"bundle":{"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","sound":"Sound","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_supported_on_your_browser":"No notification style supported on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_supported":"Not Supported","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for_this_site":"Click to enable for this site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"hd1080","fshd":true,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{"loadBundle":true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

R
Sep 8, 2013
Interior Alaska

or

For now I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume #1
Keep stirring the pot brotha!

i had to lay low for a while though...the po-lice done had a talk with mehh

R
Sep 8, 2013
Interior Alaska
Well BRING YOUR HAPPY @$$3 $ OVER AND PUT YOUR TRUCK THOUGH THE PACES AND SHOW MY 6.0 UP! TILL THEN!!!!!!

you

url

Premium Features