• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 RMK Assault 800 5-6,500 RPM Bog? (SLP stage 3)

H
Jan 19, 2017
Hey guys, looking for some advice here. I have a 2014 RMK assault 800 with about 1200 miles on. Sled has SLP stage 3 kit installed. At home the sled ran amazing before I went up to elevation. I live in MN and just had it at the Big Horns this past week and while at elevation it developed a bad, consistent bog at approximately 5000-6,500 RPMs. If you hold it in this RPM range it has a severe bog/sounds possibly as running on just one cylinder. It idles well and runs incredible wide open. It is fine if you pull through the range but if you stay it WILL happen every single time. I did install the high elevation fuel map in the fuel controller. I did put the low elevation map in to see if anything would change-no change so I re installed the high elevation map. It has never thrown the warning light on and I unfortunately ran it this way trying to stay out of this range for three days. We do not really have any snow left here in MN so I have not been able to run it while back at home yet. My best thought at this time is possibly an injector. I am not very experienced with these engines yet so I am open to any and all advice. Thanks a lot guys.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Check your Plugs to see if one has backed out, This happened to us on a 12 PRO lsat month and duh only had to look at the plugs to find it but was starting to pull the input and look at the reeds also as 6 years ago had this same problem on a 07 700 Dragon that was caused by a plastic rivet head getting stuck holding one of the reed petels open and could not get thru into the cylinder to go on thru.
gtwitch in wyoming

Premium Features