• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 drop and roll help.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'm super bad about having the tinker bug myself. The driveshaft is moved 1-1/8". Mostly in the downward direction, tiny bit back. The rails look like they will clear the drivers, but if you compress the front track shock without compressing the rear (like hitting a big mogul) they will just make contact.

3" track and 8T drivers is a bit of a fight to install and remove, but certainly works. The front end just won't stay down and trench more in the deep snow compared to the dropped driveshaft setup.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
I'm super bad about having the tinker bug myself. The driveshaft is moved 1-1/8". Mostly in the downward direction, tiny bit back. The rails look like they will clear the drivers, but if you compress the front track shock without compressing the rear (like hitting a big mogul) they will just make contact.

3" track and 8T drivers is a bit of a fight to install and remove, but certainly works. The front end just won't stay down and trench more in the deep snow compared to the dropped driveshaft setup.
Agree completely. Budget upgrade is the 8T in place of the 7T. Noticeable difference if running 7T already. Did it on a Viper turbo I had. Came stock with 7T with the 2.6. Put the 3" Powerclaw with 8T drivers in and made the heavy pig more rideable in deep snow. On the Viper it is an easier install as the tunnel is cut out for the exhaust on the top. I think the engineers figured the track being too close to exhaust would cause issues. As long as you are moving in snow it isn't a problem.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
only reason to drop it in my mind is if you plan to elevate it.
13s had a little more playful skid mount location that sleds are trending back towards now, no?
if you drop the driveshaft you might also go to the 14+ geometry, just skip that and go a set lower for elevate kit.
can of worms... all in or keep it simple. 8 tooths and 3" in stock location might be fun enough? or not.
hope i helped not sidetracked...

H
Sep 5, 2014
Vernon bc
Hmmm… you do have a point snojet definitely not distracting. Play full is good. It may be more what I am looking for. I had this idea from a guy I know around here but ya come
To think of it he had the elevate kit. And there’s no way I’m dropping that kind of coin on this thing ?.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Yes it will. It is tight, but it fits. You might want an extra hand getting the driveshaft installed, and especially getting it back out if you ever need to again.

Premium Features