• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drop and roll chain case !! On hcr

S
Jan 29, 2018
I have a 2017 hcr that I’m kinda revamping just for fun and something todo ! And want todo a ice age elevate kit but I have been told I need to do a drop and roll kit on it but I’ve been told the hcr already has the drop and rolled chain case like the mtn cat ! Dose anyone know the answer to this haha ?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Do u have a 3in track and 8tooth drivers, with a ton of room between the paddles and the cooler?

If no to any of the above, I doubt u have a dropped case.

As far as I know, only the 2017 mtn cat (green camo) has the drop and roll with narrow boards.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Just checked Country Cat parts and chaincase part #s are different for HCR and Mountain Cat. I would say you do not have the dropped case.

S
Jan 29, 2018
Just checked Country Cat parts and chaincase part #s are different for HCR and Mountain Cat. I would say you do not have the dropped case.
That’s what I like to hear there’s about an inch from my lug to the cooler and I have the 2.3/4 power claw track on it maybe it’s already been done !!

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
TKI makes a conversion kit using their belt drive, mountain valley machine maybe also. Then you just need the 8 tooth drivers, I would see if you can get the whole 18+ aluminum driveshaft with them already pressed on from BDX, then you will have something trick in your upgraded 17. Throw the new jackshaft and lite brake disc in, make it rain!

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
only the mountain cat got the dropped case in 2017, you have the standard case like the 12-16. TKI makes the template and may as well just get a TKI belt drive while your doing all the work. i agree with sno*, just get the 18+ driveshaft/drivers

Premium Features