• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 falling on face

G
Oct 15, 2009
Sutherlin OR
Looking for ideas. I have a 2012 m8 that runs fine then when you get back on the go flipper it puts you over the bars. It has around 4800 miles
145 psi compression
New reeds, have cleaned and flow tested injectors. I have unplugged the throttle safety switch, it didn't change the condition.
Heading toward the stator.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
Sounds like the old low end bogging?
Some people says it's wrong location on the airtemp sensor.
Moved my sensor to under the ECU but haven't run it after that.

Skickat från min SM-A530F via Tapatalk

G
Oct 15, 2009
Sutherlin OR
I have owned since new. This is the first time with this problem. It will idle and on a hard trail pull it will run right up to 8100 rpm then let off and try getting back on it then it might go or you might go over the bars!! Just like you shut the gas off. the idle will fluctuate from 2100 to 3200 blip the throttle and different number. Some times when you feather the throttle after falling on face it dies like a cold first pull when the rpm don't get high enough to continue running.

It has new plugs
New vforce reeds
Newer clutches
Cleaned and flowed injectors

I'm thinking stator or fuel pump.

Thanks for the input
Gary

R
Sound like possible stator, I think. Get a good meter, go on line and get the color codes for the terminals coming from the stator. Check them for the right OHMs.
That would be a good place next to start.. I don't think it is supplying enough power to your fuel pump.

G
Oct 15, 2009
Sutherlin OR
The lightning is the only one out of spec. Not sure that effects my problem lights and warmers work.
I'm going to get a fuel gauge and test it?
d94d9943a49dff9b59b73bf40eb048d3.jpg

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I've heard of a few people needing to break in/soften up vforce reeds on polaris sleds. Similar with arctic cat?

It bogged before the reeds went in though?

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
Could it be the fuelpump or the fuelpickups inside the fueltank? If the pickups is not seated correctly at the bottom they float on top of the fuel.

Skickat från min SM-A530F via Tapatalk

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
The lighting coil should also supply the APV servo motor, are the power valves are working correctly? This is from a C-tec service manual i believe the Suzuki engine ran the same electrical system and theory.

G
Oct 15, 2009
Sutherlin OR
Haven't chased it down yet. But took it in and plugged it in and everything was working fine and it died without it plugged in! Took the ecu and throttle body out of my 2017 and still doing it. Next I'm going to look in to the harness. But work is not helping out on time.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Mine was having random shut down issues hot a few years ago (13 PC800 Ltd). Wouldnt start for a few minutes sometimes a few hours and would sometimes have hesitations like you describe. Played with the harness routing and found it was pretty tight(no flex, tight to some connection points) in some places. After a little rerouting and checking all connections it has been good for last 2 yrs.

Premium Features