• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 summit xp 800 etec bogging dies

S
Mar 3, 2014
wa
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone has a fix for me, as my warranty expired last month.
I was riding last tuesday for the first time this season (last years stabilized fuel with 2 gal of fresh on top, summerized using the brp program on the sled) and the first 20-30 miles everything was normal, then all of a sudden it started bogging really bad. If you let it go to idle then run it would act normal for 3 seconds or so, then start bogging down, keep giving it throttle (pin it) and it would bog to the point of dying. Let it go back to idle and repeat. We semi limped back out of the woods and rode the trail back, similar on the ride back but if you only gave it half throttle or so it would run fairly normal. But if I tried to give too much throttle it would bog back down.
The next day I pulled the plugs, looked normal. Pulled the exhaust valve cover above the y pipe to check the two nuts, normal. It seems to be digressing and getting worse. Today I drained all the fuel and put 5 gallons of fresh. Let it run for 10 minutes and nothing has changed. The video I attached is after I put new fuel in it and ran it.
stock motor, and the piston recall was done 100 miles ago.
Any help or suggestions I would appreciate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9UlzNMKvdU

Last edited:
Premium Features