• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Summer Projects....?

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Complete build number 2. 2005 RMK 900 159

Timbersled rear skid with Ice Age rails
Timbersled 38 inch barkbuster front with all terrain spindles
FBF cable
09 front end conversion
Skinz bumper for 09 front
Skinz rear bumper
Dyno-port full pipe with big core can
Polzinhunter's billet chaincase cover and rider select delete
Fox Float Evol R front shocks
new intake boots.
New top end
SLP billet head
RMK Pro rear flap
F&I intake
09 fuel tank
09 seat
WRP snow eliminator foot boards
WRP Mountain Assault seat cover
09 dash and console
Fire N Ice headlight intake
Fire N ice High flow stirrup vents
Franz's Billet front crossmember

Probably more but I can't remember all of it..lol:face-icon-small-con

Last edited:

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Speak for yourself man, we are getting dumped on in Nor-Cal...over 8 feet since Friday is what the local ski resorts in Tahoe are saying. At the rate we are going I'll be riding through the end of summer and may just make it right on through to next season!!

John

So you must be one of those Lucky Bastards monster is talking about!!
I've been watching it snow,get sunny etc ever since the sled went down..now I'll go watch the Hillclimbs..not much of a spectator sport this Snowmobiling thing!!:face-icon-small-sad

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Sean - I forgot to add one thing to the 'summer list'.......installation of one Boondocker Control Box. Oh Yeah!!!!

Also.....last summer's project involved a major revamp of the enclosed trailer which included lots of lights, RV furnace, stereo system, shelving, workbench and of course a BAR - and we still get 4 sleds in there. Now this summer, I need to figure out how to get a stripper pole in there!!:thumb:

My buddies Fab shop has built a Retractable Pole for a certain customer maybe he'll let go of the plans!!!!!!!
That will solve all your problems.........:heh:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I am going to build a super light t900 around my TM3 . But I will probably have Dan put it in 06 cases so I can run 4 injectors. I may use a raw chassis not sure on that yet. I will make as many lightweight parts as possible. my goal is to build a T900 @ 475#s or less . This will be a full out mod and I sincerly doubt it will be ready next season

Billet intake boots

i personally would prefer the 05 cases and top end with the turbo. it will be much easier to tune..

Indydan runs the 05 cases with 06 cylinders, and plugs the upper injector holes on the cylinders...the 06 clyinders have much better porting in them, but the 2 injector setup is much better IMO...PLUS, you will be able to run the 4 bar 58 psi fuel pump, with less pressure then the 06 8-bar 116psi..and gives you better chances to use trail tanks/dragon tanks, newer CFI fuel pumps, ect ;)

billet intake boots? who me? ;) (CANT WAIT FOR THEM BABIES!!) :wave:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
i personally would prefer the 05 cases and top end with the turbo. it will be much easier to tune..

Indydan runs the 05 cases with 06 cylinders, and plugs the upper injector holes on the cylinders...the 06 clyinders have much better porting in them, but the 2 injector setup is much better IMO...PLUS, you will be able to run the 4 bar 58 psi fuel pump, with less pressure then the 06 8-bar 116psi..and gives you better chances to use trail tanks/dragon tanks, newer CFI fuel pumps, ect ;)

billet intake boots? who me? ;) (CANT WAIT FOR THEM BABIES!!) :wave:

The 05 doesnt seen te be a crisp as my 06 was . thats why I was leaning to the 06 4 injector engine maybe the 06 cyls are the difference and not the additional injectors.I swithced everything except the reeds and its no where near the same sled. lots more bogs/flatspots.

This is far from a done deal . I have to decide on the chassis first.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
The 05 doesnt seen te be a crisp as my 06 was . thats why I was leaning to the 06 4 injector engine maybe the 06 cyls are the difference and not the additional injectors.I swithced everything except the reeds and its no where near the same sled. lots more bogs/flatspots.

This is far from a done deal . I have to decide on the chassis first.

Did you switch the weights and springs you had in your primary? Is the gearing in the sled the same? Might just be that the engine is just so damn smooth you can't tell because mine felt more responsive to me but running them side by side told the true story.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Did you switch the weights and springs you had in your primary? Is the gearing in the sled the same? Might just be that the engine is just so damn smooth you can't tell because mine felt more responsive to me but running them side by side told the true story.

WOT Isnt the problem it runs fine when you stay in it but its just not as crisp in the trees and such when Im on and off the throttle . The only difference is I dont have the MTX weights in clutch. I m actually running a lighter weight which should let it rev up quicker. Gearing ??? I dont know its not stock I know that much but thats all. My 06 was simply a more consistent runner I think if i ran them side by side as we did the 06 would walk away .

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
WOT Isnt the problem it runs fine when you stay in it but its just not as crisp in the trees and such when Im on and off the throttle . The only difference is I dont have the MTX weights in clutch. I m actually running a lighter weight which should let it rev up quicker. Gearing ??? I dont know its not stock I know that much but thats all. My 06 was simply a more consistent runner I think if i ran them side by side as we did the 06 would walk away .

I just noticed my belt deflection is way to much yesterday. I have a feeling mine would walk away with the belts set right. The MTX weights make a huge difference in how responsive it is at low and mid over the stock Polaris ones, I would swap over your weights if they will fit that clutch and try it.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
2011 summer project

here she is, the red one.
188449_10150112546561595_679401594_6798510_2344452_n.jpg

!CB,--9gEWk~$(KGrHqZ,!iQE0GiM5)lRBNHk-GUMmQ~~_12.JPG !CB,+G-!CGk~$(KGrHqF,!hUEzd5d5CcDBNHk-uS9Mw~~_12.JPG

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Just updated my list for the red sled. I also have an F & I headlight intake and Dragon 163 rails to install on my blue sled.:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features