• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Issue with skid pivot shaft

Daring

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
Caldwell, Idaho
www.koushins.net
I have a 2020 Pro Rmk 800 163 2.6. I am in the process of going through the wheel on my skid. I took out the rear upper pivot shatf.

20231124_214805.jpg

This is what I found. The sled has about 800 miles.

I was wondering if this is normal. This is my first pokaris.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Not nermal. Post a pic inside and outside of the tube it came out of. Sumpin’ be digging the alunimum

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
It's possibly where the grease zerk sits in the outer tube. I have seen that on mine in the past.
Not much you can do to clean it up that far into the tube. I usually just clean up the shaft and grease them up good.

outlaw700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Central Minnesota
Grease zerk or a little weld bubble rubbing. If its a threaded zerk, remove it, file a little off the end or shim it with a washer if it protruding inside. Grease the entire shaft when you reinstall, don't rely on the zerk getting the grease end to end.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I’m thinking some of the welds burned through as well as the zerk. Maybe remove grease zerk, wrap a long drill bit in sandpaper and kinda smooth\ hone it out.

outlaw700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Central Minnesota
By the looks of the thickness of the welded bung that the zerk threads into I don't think the threaded end would reach the aluminum shaft. More than likely a bump of weld that burnt through to the inside.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Assuming it's not bent and just a little welding slag / filings from zerk ...take a long dowel or piece of pipe of smaller diameter with a bit of sandpaper and dress it up .. if It's bent then a little persuasion in a press might resolve it

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Premium Features