• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 PRO-RIDE 800 HP DYNO RESULTS ARE IN!

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
My dealer only had a couple pros left so i put a deposit down on one today. Got a call about my 07 m8 so I should be picking up that sled this weekend. pretty excited. I'm still gonna have my 2010 m8 if the pro isn't as cool as people say but im not too worried everyone ive talked to have loved em. its gonna be one hell of a chassis and i think cat and doo are going to have to come out with something a lot better. I gotta give it to polaris. If the motor does good they may be the number 1 sled in my opinion. I do think that they have the best chassis for 2011 hands down. but what do i know......

V

Vboost

Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
M8Chris
When the snow starts to fly and you get a good comparison between your 10 m8 and your 11 PRO I would be very interested in what you have to say..

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
not sure if you know, but the etec did close to 15more hp than last years xp, and all the 800 dragons we came accross did not stand out last year, i got some vids of them performing

i seen lots of polaris's drag-on there azz back down the hill for another try to. that 08 dragon you had must have been very special. because the doo's here slay them. and what fred said has a valid point.

T

T Stoke

Nov 28, 2007
Bethlehem, PA
Polaris1 is actually a buddy of mine and I can back up what he is saying.. Last year we had an '08 xp, '09 xp, '08 D8 and '09 rmk. Nobody really outperformed anybody. It was always a toss up who would win the drag or who would high mark. This year we traded the '08 D8 for a pro rmk and the '09 xp to the '11 e-tec and guess what?.. I think it will be a toss up again! I'm all about my xp but I am a firm believer that it is all about the rider not just the sled. Great job to Polaris on a sweet sled!

pus1100

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Troms,Norway
where and when has the 2011 production models of etec 800 and m8 been dynoed?has only seen the numbers from 2010,5 etec and 2010 f8.what numbers did they actually get?

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
its ok freddy and u other fellas that can't afford a new sled this year. \your old skud will do fine again this year, they've even added some weight to the new one to make it even better, LOL.

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
Ok
This is fun, I ride with an 05 doo 800, 10 doo 800, first yr of the m7 was that an 03?, and 08 dragon and 10 assault, and here is the deal most of the time in a hill climb the M7 is right there at the top, with the 05 doo right behind or ahead. These should be the two lowest hp sleds in the group. Maybe the best rider also but you may not get anyone of us to admit it. Usually at the bottom is the 10 doo and by the hp numbers it should be on top. And for some reason that 10 assault works way better and my 08 dragon which should be the same. So I know that hp is not the king. It really is all about clutching, and set up, gearing and track selection. I also ride these sled and find similar results when I’m on then so that backs up the setup ,setup, setup theory. But if you want to buy just HP then by all mean get at it. Most of us have seen just what I see when I go riding with my friend, it isn't hp on a dyno that gets you to the top. Oh by the way that 10 doo on a groom straight trail is the fastest just so the hp guy have something to work with, part of that is the dam hard track hooks up so hard. It’s hard to compete with.

Super A

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Belgrade Mt
Broad thoughts from my simple head

Where do they measure horsepower from? (crank - track - somewhere in the middle)

What did last years 2010 800 put out for HP?

If the dealer would have told me that I was buying a 700 that was 40lbs lighter, I would have bought that too, so the number doesn't matter, it will be more about how it feels on the old butt dyno.

Thanks

A

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
where and when has the 2011 production models of etec 800 and m8 been dynoed?has only seen the numbers from 2010,5 etec and 2010 f8.what numbers did they actually get?

Can't say about the m8 but I have yet to see a dyno run from a 2011 etec and there have been significant changes from the 2010.5 to 2011 production etecs in the pipe, head and mapping to reduce hp and increase reliability. The demo Pro that I rode last year outperformed my 09 XP that I spent thousands of dollars on just to keep it from blowing belts every 150 miles and still on a hard pull or in the really deep you had to constantly watch the belt, it will be side by side with my new pro this winter along with many other sleds and I can't wait!!!

longgold

Premium Member
Nov 9, 2010
Whistler BC.
Ummm...how's my 250lb's of body weight going to factor into this equation also? Because my '08 Dragon 800 sure went everywhere my friends '10 'Doo's went...even with my 80lbs weight difference...

its all about the rider! and please, dont start replying telling me to go on a diet...I'm 6'3" and wear it well...it just means I can drink 40 beer to your 20

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I looked at PRO the other day and really like the chassis. Looked at the expo but I needed a refreshing.

Love the narrow feel.

Don't like the goofy setup of the oil tank.

Horsepower deficit on an unproven motor thats based on a less then perfect motor makes it tough to swallow.

I'm still on the fence about getting one or another M8. Tough call. Probably would buy one for sure if my local dealer was worth a crap and didn't have to drive at least 100 miles to get one.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Don't worry about the BHP, It is the torque thru the powerband that does the job! I have always felt that Pol has the most efficient clutching/suspension in the biz. The Cats have more but the diamond drive eats up at least 10 BHP in the process, (My thoughts!). SkiD has clutching problems and takes a well seasoned person to make it shine. I am sure that with a few mods it will be in the mid 150's and with less weight/nimbleness and efficient power distribution it will reign supreme! But when the '12 sled comes out stock with 150+ don't be pissed because it cost you 800+ $ to get there! It is all bout having the first yr. kick *** sled in the group that everyone is going to want to ride! Every other yr to 3yr another money making mouse trap comes out that we are all over like rust on scrapmetal! Mike

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
True, kinda...Most will exchange the new 20lb suitcase with an Etech HPS can...very minor if any HP gain.. but losing 20 lbs and at 163.9 hp stock...formiddable opponent no doubt. Stock is stock for Doo camp,, no PC fuel changes and tweaking on the Etech.

Any future EPA compliant, DI engines for AC, POO will face similar exhaust weight gains as well, I would think? Apples for apples? Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyone weigh a can on the PRO? I understand it is very light. Nice.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
no PC fuel changes and tweaking on the Etech

That doesn't sound like you. Why won't you be tweaking the fuel settings? Or are you implying that it wasn't necessary from the factory (which, the Polaris does require)?

Premium Features