• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Nytro weight?

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
I want to make the switch as well but the latest Snowgower magazine said the 09 without fuel was over 580 lbs (not sure of their exact number in the eighty's). That is far from the the 553 stated by other publications, anyone have a good number? Thanks.

Well with ALL the lightweight goodies on the hanging scale it was 597 full.:mad: So taking off the advertised weight of 92.5 lbs:eek:still not where I hoped it would be

P
Jan 2, 2008
Thats not bad Sawyer, I just checked some old weight numbers of my old Doo's 03' model came in dry at 500#'s, with fuel and oil you can push that right up to close to 600. My 06' summit was rated at 478 dry, again filler' up and you are well over 500. So I don't know what all the issue is with the Yami being extremely heavy. Yes I know compared to the new sleds it's a bit fat but nobody was complaining back then. Boy I am really close to make the move over to the dark side, really close. I am going to wait till late in the year to see if Yami comes out with a late model with some extra ponies or more weight savings.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
So it's safe to assume the Nytro is all of 100lbs. heavier than an 09 XP 146. That is what kept me away from the Nytro. I wanted to go Yamaha so bad but man that's a lot of weight diff. Just picked up a new 09 XP. However I've been so impressed with my other Yamaha products like my 450 dirt bike that pulls your arms off but just runs and runs and runs and never breaks. 4 wheelers too, just awesome. I'm sure they'll be there for my next sled purchase in 5 or 6 years.:(

V
Nov 27, 2008
North Bend, WA
Not 100lbs heavier, but close. Per the manufacturers, the 2010 XP 146" dry is #442, 2010 Nytro SE approx 530 dry. The Nytro carries 20lbs less fuel and roughly the same amount of oil, so I'm guessing stock wet weights are 70lbs apart, which is still pretty huge.

P
Jan 2, 2008
SLedskiing how much $$ for you to put the turbo on to get the 240hp. And are you running any race gas. How much boost to make 240hp. According to the threads, a seat, battery, and exhaust could bring you under 500 dry.

I cant find my pictures of the sleds hanging from the scales but last year all sleds full of fuel ready to ride My turboed Nytro before diet was 635. Buddies 08 M1000 with boss seat and can was 590 (with muffpot and goggle warmer installed:D) lmao Turboed 700 dragon was 630 08 xp was 535 So as far as the Nytro being a tank, other than an XP it was pretty comparable to the others out there. Oh yeah the others cant go where my Nytro can:p:beer;

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
my nytro has stock power but has a 162x15x2.5 camo ex,va tunnel,ac float skid,light front end by westcoast customs,light exaust,light battery.so its similar to the new se.after a few days on the sled in very deep snow iam impressed with it it will keep up to any stock 800 & i love this chassi best sidehilling sled i have been on.:D:beer;:beer;

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Do you an idea of how much you weight in at with the mods. And is it a 09'

its a 08 as far as weight i just bought it but its not real heavy i would say 520lbs without fuel but thats just a guess my tvec was 525lbs without fuel light weight everything & this nytro feels lighter.some pics
IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

P
Jan 2, 2008
She's a beauty Vector, that's not bad 520. I can live with that weight. I have to go for back surgery in Dec, so that will be an good excuse to wait and see what these 2010 MTX will be like with the new up grades. They are saying she will come in at 530 dry. with a couple light weight mods I guy should be able to her near 500. Giive it a little boost and I think you should have a great all around sled.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Not trying to bash or anything, but yamaha lies worse than ski doo on their weights. in 09 they lied 30 lbs on the nytro mtx and 60lbs on the apex rtx. If you dont believe me its in the march 2009 sno goer magazine. They weighed a bunch of sleds to see if the manufacturers are telling the truth.

Truckee Coastie

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2008
Truckee, CA
Weight

Not trying to bash or anything, but yamaha lies worse than ski doo on their weights. in 09 they lied 30 lbs on the nytro mtx and 60lbs on the apex rtx. If you dont believe me its in the march 2009 sno goer magazine. They weighed a bunch of sleds to see if the manufacturers are telling the truth.

That 30 lb differance noted in the article is the major reason for me not switiching over. I have ridden or used many yamaha products and am a big fan but the weight regardless of turbo is a major concern given the trees we go through through here in Tahoe.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
well he 26 and just graduated. He thought 4 years of grade 12 was the same as university....lol :eek: In SOFT snow the nytro FEELS lighter than the xp. Its only when the snow is setup hard that the weight becomes a problem(sidehilling,wants to go where IT wants to go)In the powder it is almost too easy to throw around.:D...jmho

I don't mean to stir the pot, but I gotta call BS on this one! I just spent a week lifting Nytro's out of soft and not so soft snow. They felt a lot heavier than an XP. A bad running turboed nytro with an inexperienced rider made for a lot of work. I just came on here trying to look for some answers for him. I could care less what someone else rides but I have to say that between the weak front end and heavy weight, it will be a while before I make the switch.

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
SLedskiing how much $$ for you to put the turbo on to get the 240hp. And are you running any race gas. How much boost to make 240hp. According to the threads, a seat, battery, and exhaust could bring you under 500 dry.

are you asking how much i had to dump into my sled? i stopped counting a long time ago. Run pump gas at 12-13llbs

DSC00236.jpg

I have barkbusters that i haven't installed yet. that would put me below 600lbs

A
Apr 11, 2009
The weight on the nytro is just under 3 metric tons, or the same as a dodge neon with the air conditioning and passenger seat removed.
really i bet ur one of those guys that says they got 20 years of education and graduated 10th grade twice btw artic cat has the heaviest 4 stroke thats pushing 710 pounds

Premium Features