• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Nytro weight?

B

blackhillsnytro

Nov 22, 2008
Spearfish SD
The 2009 Nytro MTX had an advertised weight of 553 lbs. For 2010 they are claiming 21 lbs lighter on the 153 SE, and 17 lbs lighter on the 162 SE. I am gonna guess the base model MTX is going to be dang close to the 2009s.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yes, so far all I have seen is weight savings, not actually dry or wet weights. This leaves it up to our imagination. I am guessing 162 SE at about 535lbs. Bear in mind that the Yammies always seem to feel heavier because the weight is concentrated toward the front.

P
Jan 2, 2008
With the Nytro, does it still feel heavy in the front? Out of all the models I have never ridden a Yamaha. Does the stock 09' at 130hp under powered to go against the 800's?

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
The weight on the nytro is just under 3 metric tons, or the same as a dodge neon with the air conditioning and passenger seat removed.

Wow. Buy the looks of your sig line your M1000 must be awesome. Goggle warmer, muffpot and ice scratchers? Those are some serious mods. Way to list them for the world to see, Stay gay

P
Jan 2, 2008
You know there is one in every crowd. But I guess we still don't have a solid weight on this sled. By the way, when they get stuck, they all feel like a dodge neon at the end of the day.

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I'm kind of curious on the weight here as well
looking like the old RMK is going to be an insureance job and I'm thinking of making the switch but I really love to play and weight does become a big factor for me

and I don't even have any more to lose off my body :(

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
I'm kind of curious on the weight here as well
looking like the old RMK is going to be an insureance job and I'm thinking of making the switch but I really love to play and weight does become a big factor for me

and I don't even have any more to lose off my body :(

Just dont get stuck:face-icon-small-win ha ha. yeah i'm thinkin of makin the switch too, ..... when you look at it this way it's not that bad,,,,, How much did the 99 rmk, or summit weigh?????:face-icon-small-win:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer; And how much horseies did they come with

P
Jan 2, 2008
I just read the new Snow Tech, and it says " in 2003 only 40% of the snowmobilers would consider a 4st. Now in 2008 that number risen to 74%!!
I to am on the fence to change, I need to get some seat time, to get to feel the balance of the sled. Because we all rode a 500+ sleds at one time or another. I just wish they could bring the HP's into the 150 zone. I saw that BRP cancelled the Summit 4-Tec for this year saying it was not ready.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Wow 3 times in grade 10!
I wonder how many in grade 9?:D

well he 26 and just graduated. He thought 4 years of grade 12 was the same as university....lol :eek: In SOFT snow the nytro FEELS lighter than the xp. Its only when the snow is setup hard that the weight becomes a problem(sidehilling,wants to go where IT wants to go)In the powder it is almost too easy to throw around.:D...jmho

Truckee Coastie

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2008
Truckee, CA
Weight

I want to make the switch as well but the latest Snowgower magazine said the 09 without fuel was over 580 lbs (not sure of their exact number in the eighty's). That is far from the the 553 stated by other publications, anyone have a good number? Thanks.

Last edited:
G

GayWussy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 23, 2009
BC
The weight on the nytro is just under 3 metric tons, or the same as a dodge neon with the air conditioning and passenger seat removed.
Who asked you. Soon as you dump the neon cat clothes and the Biker moustache, you might just realize there is way better sleds than that POS your riding. Oh ya lose the mullet to.haha:p

Premium Features