• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Dragon SLP pipe/can

I am looking at a used ceramic coated SLP exhaust system for my 2010 dragon. I am told my ECU would need the 2008 reflash to take care of a lean spot @ 6200 RPM. Does anyone know anything about this? He wants $300 for it shipped which I think is good but I don't want problems. A new system is running $700 + shipping from SLP.

Appreciate any thoughts.
et

C
Oct 29, 2008
You can run the April Flash but YOU MUST GET A POWER COMMANDER! You need to run the Map for the SLP pipe off the PC. Pipe sounds amazing and the Pipe PC combo adds about 14-15 HP over Stock because of crappy Factory ECU mapping.

J

jim9006

Sep 7, 2008
Cle Elum WA
home.comcast.net
First your talking about 3 things here (assuming your 2010 has the stock map in it.) Yeah $300 is a good deal on the SLP setup. 2nd The April map works better for some and not for others and is not related to the SLP setup. 3rd the 2008 map you hear about is what is best for the MTK "fix kit".

Now thats been said lets get on with my opinon (aka = IMO)

Buy the MTK fix kit use non ethanol 92(+) gas. This is the best bang for the buck. You will get more power and reliabilty (then add the SLP for even more, but thats the point you'll start to want the PowerCommander).

I am looking at a used ceramic coated SLP exhaust system for my 2010 dragon. I am told my ECU would need the 2008 reflash to take care of a lean spot @ 6200 RPM. Does anyone know anything about this? He wants $300 for it shipped which I think is good but I don't want problems. A new system is running $700 + shipping from SLP.

Appreciate any thoughts.
et

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Elevation is a big factor , There are two other 2010s' not counting ours up here and they can pass for the same machine , we chased the dead spot all winter .

We are original owners , everything possible has been done to them , the Fix , programers , 08 mapping and the latest mapping released this winter , pipe , can , stock exaust , av gas , race fuel , TPS dialed in , Heads , water jacket , modified intake , the mods where added and also taken off , not to mention cooked VRs' and a brain box . The vedict was that at sea level up here at least , there is a dead spot in mid range that can be provoked on demand BUT above 3000 ft the problem is gone .

I even rode a couple of 08s' anf 09s' and they DID NOT have that dead spot in the mid range at sea level . There is something with the 10s' that's different besides thicker skirts on the sleeve .

Moral of the story is if your above 3000 ft there won't be a problem .

But I did have the TPS jacked up where the idle was at 2250 and there was no sign of the mid range dead spot and when I pulled the plugs they where covered with what looked like black soot instead of the weird brown they are known for . It ripped it felt like a ported and polished mod , mid range was flexing the bars but since I was in unmaned waters I thought it best to dial it back into what is required . That was the only time that machine impressed me .
One other note , up here machines run different than they do down in the states at the same elevation , so maybe you guys don't have the same problem .
Good luck

Last edited:
G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
I run an slp pipe on my 2010, dont have any problems, I run the stock map from the factory, my motor has no hiccups/midrange bogs/dead spots, never had any problems with the stock exhaust either, & I usually ride between 1000-2000 ft. If you can get it for $300, I would definitely get it.

SLP pipe question

I almost blew my 2010 Dragon before I found the pistons melting down. Did some research and installed the fix kit with Wiseco pistons. Quieted the motor down tremendously, no more rattling noises! I run premium gas no ethanol. I have been convinced to buy the SLP pipe. If I don't like it, back to e-bay it goes.
Thanks
et

First your talking about 3 things here (assuming your 2010 has the stock map in it.) Yeah $300 is a good deal on the SLP setup. 2nd The April map works better for some and not for others and is not related to the SLP setup. 3rd the 2008 map you hear about is what is best for the MTK "fix kit".

Now thats been said lets get on with my opinon (aka = IMO)

Buy the MTK fix kit use non ethanol 92(+) gas. This is the best bang for the buck. You will get more power and reliabilty (then add the SLP for even more, but thats the point you'll start to want the PowerCommander).

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
I almost blew my 2010 Dragon before I found the pistons melting down. Did some research and installed the fix kit with Wiseco pistons. Quieted the motor down tremendously, no more rattling noises! I run premium gas no ethanol. I have been convinced to buy the SLP pipe. If I don't like it, back to e-bay it goes.
Thanks
et

i just replaced an slp can with 1000 miles on it that was rusted out enough that the baffels were restricting the exhaust. above 6800 rpm's the machine would bog hard.

i only mention this because i've seen a lot of rusted out slp's lately. i pulled mine off and put on a skinz ultra-q and have been happy, but i'm still running the factory pipe.

if you do pickup the slp, maybe you could confirm the condition and miles on it first.

Premium Features