• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 DRAGON 800 DYNOTEST Stock & PC-5

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Dynotech

Tried but could not get through. Voice mail box was full. Tried to email him also, no reply.

Can you get it and post it?

All Blowed Up, Grease Monkey, Trenchmaster,

You can also try sending a P.M. to Jim as he is a SnoWest member

I'll try to get a hold of Jim now.

I'm sure he's trying to get caught up after the American Snowmobiler Shoot-Out last weekend and verifying the dyno reports on all of those sleds.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
downloads

What he said!! I feel like I wasted $25 bucks on the Dynotech site, only map on the site won't even show up on my computer. Guess I will try to call SLP and see if I can get their map for my PC111. My updated 08 with SLP pipe and stock air horn removed runs great but I would like a safe map to keep this thing going as long as possible.

Trenchmaster,

I was able to download that map that's for a stock piped D-8 just now.

Are you sure you have the DynoJet CD (The one that came with your PC-3 or PC-5) loaded on your computer first???

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
Put another 100 plus miles on my 09 163....seems to be pulling harder and harder every ride. Pulled the plugs and they were imaculate. Not saying you can gain everything from plug color without looking at piston wash, exh temps, air/fuel percentages, etc...but I was surprised to find them a delicious blend of light chocolate color!!! Maybe we're jumping the gun here assuming any and all 800 updates are dogs and Polaris isn't giving us a performer???? (The sled has SLP single, intake, etc....) This may explain mine not running rich under 30 degrees as opposed to others bone stock??

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Put another 100 plus miles on my 09 163....seems to be pulling harder and harder every ride. Pulled the plugs and they were imaculate. Not saying you can gain everything from plug color without looking at piston wash, exh temps, air/fuel percentages, etc...but I was surprised to find them a delicious blend of light chocolate color!!! Maybe we're jumping the gun here assuming any and all 800 updates are dogs and Polaris isn't giving us a performer???? (The sled has SLP single, intake, etc....) This may explain mine not running rich under 30 degrees as opposed to others bone stock??

I agree, I have over 100 miles on my 09 d8 with the update. I do have a slp head, pipe, airbox, and lots of venting. I am running without the PCIII right now as I was told to pull it until the updated map is out. But, I have to say it pulls and keeps up with my buddies ski doo with a bmp 880 kit. No complaints here.

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
Some of you that have good milage on your updated sled pull a commpression test and see what it is and cold and elevation just curious so i can do some comparing to mine and what intake mod are you running the slp air horn and drilling the hole in the air box :D

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
iam glad my dealer didnt have an 800 when i was in there i came home with an 700 after seeing all the problems, the d8 is the same as the 900 just in a different form

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
iam glad my dealer didnt have an 800 when i was in there i came home with an 700 after seeing all the problems, the d8 is the same as the 900 just in a different form

I know a lot of people saw some burn downs and other issues. But not everyone has had issues. My D8 has been flawless. It runs hard and I love it. My biggest complaint was the track so I went to the camo extreme.

Anyway, I don't work for Polaris, but I think it is premature to say that the 800 is a terrible sled. I do think that we will need a fuel controller to make it competitive with the other 800's. The chassis is awesome. Anyone writing this sled off so soon reads too much into the 4m posts. Just imagine how less exposed the 800 issues would have been if there wasn't an internet and 4M's to bash it!

F

Flange509

Dec 1, 2007
Colorado
Just thought about this the other day, if I wished I would have gotten a differant sled. When i'm on a differant sled all I want is to get mine back, love this D8.1900 miles and no real problems, one belt (just changed) and new hyfax this year. Yea I'd buy it again. New top end this year for free and its not runnin much better but sure runs good. Brothers got a D7 and I can really feel the differance between the two.
Might do the PCV this year, put one on my Duramax and still think it was the best $700 bucks I've ever spent.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Bringing this back up for some more questions.
A) With the Auto Tune enabled it creates a map for you. Does this automatically transfer to PC V on the fly or do you need a lap top for all adjustments? Which I should also ask if you can make adjustments on the trail or does every adjustment have to occur with a lap top in tow? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject.
B) Where do you mount the wide band 02 sensor? Also, does it come with a weld in bung and cap? I understand that once it is set you don't necessarily need to have the Auto Tune hooked up any longer. Or am I wrong in thinking that.
Thanks all :beer;

W
Aug 20, 2008
utah
i have a few rides with the pcv now and seems to be running a litter stronger i picked up 150 rpms and seems to be running strong though entire rpm ranges
i think it was worth the money

gerrman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Canada
Here is a question about really needing a PCV or not? As I have mentioned in a few posts recently my '09 D8 163 runs extremely well. It has a SLP single and I sled between 3000-5000'. Does the saying "if it is not broke don't fix it" apply here? What is to be gained or lost with a PCV? I am sure there are others in a similar situation. What are the opinions out there?

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Here is a question about really needing a PCV or not? As I have mentioned in a few posts recently my '09 D8 163 runs extremely well. It has a SLP single and I sled between 3000-5000'. Does the saying "if it is not broke don't fix it" apply here? What is to be gained or lost with a PCV? I am sure there are others in a similar situation. What are the opinions out there?

Ditto, i just bought a 2010 D8 163" w/ slp y pipe, pipe, and can on saturday and put on 30 miles or so, it ran like a raped ape. I am interested in pc 5 and auto tune, i have engine warranty but i dont want to use it because of a lean burn down, is pc 5 necessary?

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
The PC V is not an necessary item for most. A lot of it comes down to your riding style. Some owners will never notice an issue. Some sleds just seem plagued with running issues. On the other side of the coin it is an insurance policy for the lean mid range.
I never really had a bumble or stumble with mine, but am so nervous about the lean mid that I'm getting one.

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
PCV is the Answer

I just picked up a new left over 09 D8 RMK here in MN and on the way to the trailer it was surging at 4500 to 6000 rpms, also coughin & burpin through the intake. The selling dealer said to run it through its break in period and if it concern is not gone I would have to live with it and that polaris is working on another flash or update map that should help. The sled just had the engine updates done last week too. Another dealer said to get the PCV and it would correct the problem besides avoid it blown up. He also said Polaris said as of last week that out of about 8000 update kits done only around 5 had failed so far and they were sleds that had pipes, and other mods? I think that Polaris is either missing the boat or are full of it! IMO

Premium Features