• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 summit x gauge problems

S
Feb 6, 2010
Hello.

I own a 2009 Summit x 163 track, I was out riding today and the left side of the multi function gauge has gone blank, I have lost the left hand side hand warner setting and engine temp gauge.

This was strange enough then about 50 KM from home the electric start had no power to it requiring a pull start I figured loose wiring to the battery or solenoid but then I would go to ride off and the engine would near on stall followed by the engine going into reverse without touching the reverse button.

This went on for a while after starting and stopping a few times the starter now works but the gauge is still blank.

I don't know if the two issues are connected, one suggested is a problem in the leftside of the handle bars some wiring or connection problem?

I have checked the fuses near the battery and checked as many connections as possible to no avail.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Regards

Mike

R

rhino

Nov 26, 2007
Greenwater WA
The near stall and going into reverse by itself may be caused by moister in the control switches on the left hand side. I had to tip mine so the water runs out during rides. Take it apart and you'll no doubt see that it's wet. Dry it out and position it so it drains. The panel not working is fairly common, has happeded to two different freinds of mine. Never found a cure for that. they just bought new guages.

M
Nov 5, 2014
Ottawa, On
Mine got some water in it, and It was cutting in and out. Took it out, and took completely apart, let it dry, then cleaned it with some 99% Alcohol and Q tip. Well all that and I still lost the hand and thumb warmers, and gas gauge. if anyone knows of a fix that would be great, but i'm thinking I'm going to need to pick up a gauge somewhere this summer.

Premium Features