• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 summit 800 clutch

A
Jun 6, 2009
Eagle Bend, MN
Ok im in Minnesota so sea level is 0 to 3000 i bought a team conversation kit and my sled tops out at 55 i changed the chain it only dropped one tooth out of top sproket and i changed my pins in secondary from hollow to solid pins other then that haven't done anything else so y wont it go faster?

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Ok im in Minnesota so sea level is 0 to 3000 i bought a team conversation kit and my sled tops out at 55 i changed the chain it only dropped one tooth out of top sproket and i changed my pins in secondary from hollow to solid pins other then that haven't done anything else so y wont it go faster?
So what's your gearing and track length?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Need more info.
Whats in both clutches? Clicker #? RPM?
You can mark the primary sheave with a marker to see how for the belt is traveling, it sounds like its just not able to shift out...secondary overpowering the primary.

A
Jun 6, 2009
Eagle Bend, MN
Did you use the Team shims behind the secondary? If you used some jobber shims that are too big, the helix can hit them & stop your upshift.

Ya i put shims behind it
And i just went from a 21 tooth top gear to 20 thats all that changed in my chain case and its a stock belt and the numbers on the clutch its on 3 and 146 2 1/4 paddle last year it was good just after the conversation i noticed it

Last edited:
J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
What RPM are you seeing at wide open?

What was the old pins weight vs the new? Sounds like you added a bunch of weight and you are pulling full RPM.

Like check winter brews post above ... need more info to help you.

Also your going the wrong way on the sprockets if your looking for top end. More teeth = more top end speed ... my sled came as a 146 and stock gearing was 23 over 45 ... still have the 23 toothers if you want to try one I can make you a deal.

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
Ya i put shims behind it
And i just went from a 21 tooth top gear to 20 thats all that changed in my chain case and its a stock belt and the numbers on the clutch its on 3 and 146 2 1/4 paddle last year it was good just after the conversation i noticed it

I was referring to the diameter of the shims. They have to be smaller than the bushing in the helix. As the secondary upshifts, the helix goes over the shims. If the shims are too big in diameter, the secondary will stop upshifting when the helix hits the shims. It would be happening around 55 mph.

A
Jun 6, 2009
Eagle Bend, MN
I was referring to the diameter of the shims. They have to be smaller than the bushing in the helix. As the secondary upshifts, the helix goes over the shims. If the shims are too big in diameter, the secondary will stop upshifting when the helix hits the shims. It would be happening around 55 mph.

No the shims are the same size as the shaft so it wouldn't stop the helix from upshifting

A
Jun 6, 2009
Eagle Bend, MN
What RPM are you seeing at wide open?

What was the old pins weight vs the new? Sounds like you added a bunch of weight and you are pulling full RPM.

Like check winter brews post above ... need more info to help you.

Also your going the wrong way on the sprockets if your looking for top end. More teeth = more top end speed ... my sled came as a 146 and stock gearing was 23 over 45 ... still have the 23 toothers if you want to try one I can make you a deal.

Where r u riding im in Minnesota but i plan on going to mountains

Premium Features