• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Rmk Bumper And Front End Part #'s Pics And Prices

Nov 29, 2007
SW, MT
Thanks for the great information on the front bumpers. I have a 07 dragon that i waxed a 6" caliper pine tree with today, and am in need of something different. Was thinking about the new 09 setup like you posted, but don't want to wait that long, so i think i will go w/ tri-city's bumper. Still gonna need some other plastic parts, i am just thankful it didn't bend my pipe, break the hood, and/or bend the a-arms. Considering the tree i took out, i feel pretty lucky. **** hapens :beer;!

Nov 29, 2007
SW, MT
f-bomb thanks for the info., will call them tomorrow, and confirm. Does their bumper take place of the nosepan too?? I am looking at the pic's trying to figure out how it works with the factory plastic up front, or do you have to buy a diff. nosepan too?? Thanks alot!

R
Jan 13, 2008
Mount Horeb, WI
Parts Manual - Where?

MountainHorse,

Where did you get the parts manual? I ordered an assault and need some stuff. Like a grab bar for one. Also I am hoping Polaris or someone will come out with a Sway bar kit for the Assault. If not I will have to try to make one fit from the Dragon RMK. The only problem is I think the front suspension is different - the assault has a wider stance. Not sure if I will need a sway bar but if I do - I hope I can make it work. The parts Manual would be nice. When I bought my last sled - 2001 RMK 800 - you could get the parts manual at the polaris website. I sure hope this new sled is as nice as my old one!

Thanks,

RMKinWI

I took a few Pictures of the 09 Dragon RMK at Lake Geneva WSA Races.

http://bigmatts.smugmug.com/gallery/4557856_rYNcd#268595312

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
from the looks of the bars they are just standard 7/8ths and not tapered bars so they should fit any 7/8s riser

Nov 29, 2007
SW, MT
F-bomb, you were correct TCP out till october :mad:! Anyone else make these?? If not i guess it will be going back to stock, as i can't wait for the 09 parts (aug) or TCP in (oct.) as we still have really good riding conditions, and fully expect to get out a few more times. If hit something else without a bumper at all it's really gonna mess s&it up! If anyone else knows of someone else who makes thes please pm me ASAP, or i will be ordering stocker parts tomorrow. THANKS!

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
07dragonguy,

Check your PMs. I have a bumper from a 2008 D8 that I will sell you if you are interested. It came off when the TCP bumper went on. It has not been in any altercations with trees or other stationary objects. No moving violations either. It is a clean piece.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Online...

Fabcraft was the originator of the Polybar for Polaris (the grab bar)... they sell them in different colors... cheaper than Polaris..

The assault front end is not special (other than the shocks which are yet to be proven) .. The same as the Flatland Dragons and the Switch dragons... They will be available in season next year... part numbers for the Swaybar to be out soon...the mount for them is already on the sled... the upper bumper mount is also the hanger for the swaybar bushing... You would need sway bar bushings (2),sway bar bushing retainer caps (2), some nuts for the caps, A swaybar swaybar links and nuts for the swaybar mounts on the A-arms.

I dont think you'll need the swaybar with the Assault, the shocks are designed to run without, but everyone has their own preferences.

MountainHorse,

Where did you get the parts manual? I ordered an assault and need some stuff. Like a grab bar for one. Also I am hoping Polaris or someone will come out with a Sway bar kit for the Assault. If not I will have to try to make one fit from the Dragon RMK. The only problem is I think the front suspension is different - the assault has a wider stance. Not sure if I will need a sway bar but if I do - I hope I can make it work. The parts Manual would be nice. When I bought my last sled - 2001 RMK 800 - you could get the parts manual at the polaris website. I sure hope this new sled is as nice as my old one!

Thanks,

RMKinWI

I took a few Pictures of the 09 Dragon RMK at Lake Geneva WSA Races.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Just talked to TCP and they told to call back in October to determine when they will be available.

Not building any until they make it compatible with the 09 chassis.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
09 upgrade to 07 Dragon bumper

Just priced and ordered 09 front end parts to replace worthless 07/08. All parts came to $450.00. That is half the cost of the old crap. I also believe that the bumper bolts to the bulkhead which is so much better than before. If you take out the bumper and nose pan it's $180.00 to replace. The fenders are seperate of the nose piece so they should be safe. Even so they are only $99.00 a side. I am interested to see what TCP comes out with for the 09. In my mind all they would need to do is make the bumper out of cromemolly or steel and it would be pretty durrable....

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
OK first off...

If you want to make a bar adapter to use 7/8" bars ina 1 1/8" riser you can cut a stock polaris axel in half and into 4 pieces. Wiht a little bit of grinding and sanding they fit GREAT!

MH, how did you get a try-bumber with no finish? I would like to get one if it is possible.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
waiting till october for a tricity bumper sucks, but after seeing what happened when the wife hit a tree at under 5mph there is no way i'll put the stock 08 parts back on.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
OK first off...

If you want to make a bar adapter to use 7/8" bars ina 1 1/8" riser you can cut a stock polaris axel in half and into 4 pieces. Wiht a little bit of grinding and sanding they fit GREAT!

MH, how did you get a try-bumber with no finish? I would like to get one if it is possible.

I dont mean to step on anybodies toes here But I am pretty sure that MH said he removed the powder coating but wishes he didnt on account of snow now sticking to it cause of the temp difference.
If you sprayed the inside with that house insulation great stuff drill two small holes for center section of the bumper and remove the plastic caps for the outer sections ,fillit with the GREAT STUFF or any expanding foam and I think you would decrease the snow sticking to it IMHO.

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
Finished installing a 09 bellypan on my 08 700. The parts cost me just under $300 with a discount from my dealer and minus the bumper. Just waiting to put a Skinz bumper and float plate on it now. Install was simple. Most of the holes lined up perfectly.

09 Bellypan 1.jpg 09 bellypan 2.jpg

MOWER800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton Utah
TCP bumper

Just stopped at TCP and took a look at they're 09 bumper and it's just an add on to the stock bumper. It has two pieces to choose from top and bottom sold seperately. No price avalibe yet. It rivets onto the stock bumper and the bellypan in the shock tower for the top suport and on the bottom suport it rivets to the bottom of the bumper and then to the bellypan in the bottom in front of the A arm bolts. So all it's strangth is based on the strangth of the stock bumper and the plastic bellypan.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
This??

Interior shots should be avail in a week... The lower connection of the bellypan protector bar will have a bracket that attaches to the bulkhead from what I'm told.

Max builds nice stuff and would not "cheap out" by mounting to plastic bodywork. What you saw was the unfinished proto... The pix come from Max directly.

Prices will be on their website soon

I own U.... I got the 1st bumper off the production line from Max when he first made them... Before he sent it off to the P coater...

2009 TCP (TriCity Performance) Front bumper kit for 2009 RMK's and others with the aluminum grab handle on the front as stock

3-10.jpg

1-12.jpg

2-11.jpg

full1.jpg

topviewfull.jpg

fulll2.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features