• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 800r no power on top end, and vibrations

V
Dec 11, 2013
I have a 2008 renegade x 800r
it has no top end power barely goes over 7000 rpm
Start to vibrate at about 5500 rpm
Bottom end power is great
sleds got about 2900 miles on it

V
Dec 11, 2013
What do you mean by crank run out ?
I grabbed on to the primary the other day to see if it had play like in the crank and it felt solid
and will be going to check the clutchs later

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
What do you mean by crank run out ?
I grabbed on to the primary the other day to see if it had play like in the crank and it felt solid
and will be going to check the clutchs later

Sounds like your gona need help. Clutch needs disassembled for inspection, Dial indicator on crank to check trueness. If you have some Doo buddys they should be to help with these simple inspections .These need eliminated first thing and then move to other areas such as Rave operation, Ethanol jet plugging ect..Which is a common problem when sled sat all summer

Last edited:
V
Dec 11, 2013
I did a test on it to see if it run with the track lifted off the ground and it ran fine it even reved up too 8300 rpms which it has never done before and had no vibration which leads me to believe its the clutches

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I did a test on it to see if it run with the track lifted off the ground and it ran fine it even reved up too 8300 rpms which it has never done before and had no vibration which leads me to believe its the clutches
It is dangerous to run a sled fast on a stand. One guy lost a leg a few years back doing this, tracks can explode without load on them...JFYI.
I would start with what was suggested....crank runout, clutch condition, exhaust valve function. I suspect you might find a clutch or crank issue, both very common on the 08. Excessive runout will also destroy clutches.

Premium Features