• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

20 BUCKS FOR STAGE IDEAS GOGGLES!! ..HOLY KOW!

D
Mar 19, 2015
U.P. of MI
I rode with these on Saturday. 2 feet of fresh powder.

I am a complete newb, got stuck every 5 minutes or less. Huffing and puffing like a fat kid in the presidential fitness test.
After a couple hours of that, I got a little fogging on the sides. Took off my helmet for a few minutes, fogging was gone, and it didnt come back.

They fit my helmet well.
I'll probably buy some different lenses for them for flat light days, but Im very pleased.

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
Derrick . ..it's gonna depend on how wide your glasses are but mine fit inside ok. ..obviously not optimal but I hate puttin my contacts in for short rides n stuff at home so I wear'em with the goggles and don't do too bad.. ..rmk steve . .site says more coming in early January .. drummer dave ..I've used the detector lens and it works dang good for the flat lite days ..kind of an orange with blue mirror. . .it's on their site to order if ya wanted to get a different lens..

H
Jan 3, 2015
Thanks Orange, my glasses are just normal size nothing to wide. Im going to order up a couple pairs when they are in stock and give them a shot. Unfourtunaley I'm one of the lucky ones that can't get contacts in my prescription so I'm stuck using the glasses.

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
If ya dont already have one for your goggles now ya may wanna consider a fan as you'll have two layers of glass/plastic to contend with potential fogging issues..I havent had much trouble wearing my glasses and fogging but have a fan in all of mine ..

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
By the time you buy a lense, you could buy a lot of other googles and get the lense you want. So unless you want the smoked it's really not such a great deal...

H
Jan 3, 2015
I've never used a fan in my goggles before, which one are you running? Are they universal for different goggles or are they model specific? Best place to buy from for a decent price? Thanks

morsnwplz

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2012
Lake Stevens Wa.
My two pairs that I ordered when orange posted this just showed up. They are a great fit and look nice. Couldn't afford not to buy them even if they end up being Spares. Thanks OrangeKowJumper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
im a guy who brings 5 pr goggles up with me. different brands different lens colors and some with the fans.
ive found all fog to some extent. last yr I bought some stage goggles. I was lured in by the snowest thread saying how inexpensive. after looking around their site, went with a more expensive pair. they work as well as any others, but what I really like are the really light blue lenses. for flat light ive never had anything better.

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
Derrick .. here's a couple options . .from what I can tell there's only one fan but different companies brand it for themselves. ..just find the cheapest one ...real simple install and 1 triple A battery will last quite a while..I change out maybe once a month or so depending on how much riding I get in. ..has an automatic setting where it kicks on when it detects humidity, and a constant on if your a large Marge and ya sweat alot. .I normally have mine on auto and when I stop or hafta dig/lift a bit I'll have a bit of fog start and it kicks on and is gone a few seconds later. . ..I wouldn't wanna ride without one now after having used them for 6 years or so and knowing how clear it keeps goggles. .

http://www.amazon.com/Haber-Vision-..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1M1MMYC9R9BCYHZXZ59J

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/823/27730/Scott-No-Fog-Fan-System

S
Nov 30, 2007
cda, idaho
i like mine. for the price they aren't bad.

just don't buy the lenses that have have the shinny stuff on the front. that make it look like a rainbow...the type that hide your eyes from people looking at you. those type of lenses scratched up really easily on me after the second ride. now they are in my house ready for the garbage. put the one color lenses i switched too work great.

W
Mar 1, 2013
Southern Utah
I throw a lot of goggles away while riding(my friends like following me for some reason). I purchased a pair of stage with a couple different lenses last year. I've been riding for a long time and have never found a goggle I have been happy with. I will usually buy 6-7 pairs a year just trying to find the right one. Well I finally did with stage! I've never had to take my spare goggles out of my warmer. Thumbs up!!

Quinlan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
I finally got to try out my Stage goggles this weekend.

Weather varied from sun to flat to flat and snowing, all in 20-30°F temps. I rode for two days with a single pair of goggles, this particular pair having the photochromic lens (color changing). The photochromic isn't perfect, imo. Mine seemed to get stuck from the base amber tint on top to a blue tint on the bottom. That being said, they did offer some terrain definition in the flat light which was nice. When it got flat and snowy vision got tough as it usually does. As long as I was moving they fogged very little if at all. I think by playing around with the fit (trying to get a better seal) I could eliminate the fog all together. If I did not take them off while stopped they'd quickly fog over.

Overall I'm satisfied given what I paid (1/2 price last year). I hope the next trip out is bluebird so I can try out my promo pair with the smoke lens. :bowl:

Last edited:
Premium Features