• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 tvs, 1 reciever... how to?

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
I have a tv and directv receiver in the garage, would like to put a tv in a room in the house right behind the garage wall and run it off of the same receiver. the indoor tv location would only be about 3 feet from the location of the receiver in the garage. anyone know how to make 2 TV's run off of one receiver?

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
Put a splitter on the cable that runs from the reciever to the tv to run to the other tv. Remote may not work through the wall though.

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
Need more info. Are TV's HD? Is receiver HD? Does receiver have one output or two? If second tv isn't HD here's a cheap easy solution for you that will allow you to use the remote in the second room without any other equipment. I just bought one and installed it for a TV in an exercise room for my wife. The only problem with it is we have to switch between HD and standard def on the receiver to use the remote in the exercise room. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008TCW2LG?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

Premium Features