• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6" track vs 3" track on Pro RMK 163" 850

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Anyone have an exact measurement for the 2.6" lug? I was told it's actually 2.8"??? Any truth to that?

It likely is if you measure it like Arctic Cat Measures / Markets their tracks.

Lugs should be measured from the outside of the belting (Polaris and Ski Doo).

Not the inside of the belting (slide rail surface like Arctic Cat).
The Arctic Cat PC's are all about 0.2" shorter than advertised.
Advertised 3" is actually ~2.8"
Advertised 2.6" is actually ~2.4"
Advertised 2.25" is actually ~2"

Last edited:

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Curious if you (or anyone else) have any first hand experience comparing the stock belt drive to any of the aftermarket belt drives and stock chain drives as far as what your describing? I ask because I'm hard leaning towards the 3" but cannot stand the thought of the steel drive axle and the chain drive. Thank you
Dan
Get a belt drive sled, sell the stock 2.6" track and pay the difference on an aftermarket 3" track. However, if you want a 155, just get a 163 belt drive and be done. You really won't notice the extra length but it'll outclimb a 155 3".

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
since we are talking about belt vs chain case.
can a steel drive shaft from the 3" track sleds bolt directly in place of an aluminum drive shaft from the belt driven sleds?

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I snowchecked 850 163/3 got till April 17 to make changes. Been on the fence also which lug height but if sled is good has no issues in first 500 miles it will receive a turbo if I feel is needed. Been on a pro 13 with a turbo and stock 2.4 I am in a different camp than most I really liked the 2.4.

R
Feb 26, 2008
It likely is if you measure it like Arctic Cat Measures / Markets their tracks.

Lugs should be measured from the outside of the belting (Polaris and Ski Doo).

Not the inside of the belting (slide rail surface like Arctic Cat).
The Arctic Cat PC's are all about 0.2" shorter than advertised.
Advertised 3" is actually ~2.8"
Advertised 2.6 is actually ~2.4"
Advertised 2.25" is actually ~2"

To be fair, thats how everyone (including ISR) measured tracks until about 12-15 years ago

F

fullboredragon

Mar 24, 2009
Well I guess Im gonna fully clip the track on my 19 before it hits the snow. The dealer here said theres no warranty on the track if I clip it but I don't care because Polaris knows about the issue and wont warranty it anyway.

This is exactly right, who gives a **** about warranty if all they are doing is looking for an excuse to not cover it. Clip it & drive it. Help yourself instead of complaining when its wrecked and have no warranty because of "abuse".

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Get a belt drive sled, sell the stock 2.6" track and pay the difference on an aftermarket 3" track.
This is what I was thinking of doing for my next sled, belt drive with an X3. Always had 155s but spent some time on a 163 this year and liked the extra traction and seemed just as playful. And I've heard (mostly) good things about the X3 in regards to performance and durability.
OP I don't think you can go wrong, good luck with your choice.

Last edited:
Premium Features