• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 track on IQ with front cooler removed

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I have a '10 155 with a 660 that I might keep for a while as a backup but the the 2.4 track is showing excess wear. Carl's removed the front cooler when they built it and I'm curious if there is an issue with installing a 2.6 155 in place of the 2.4.
Thoughts?

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
2.6 track has durability issues... so lots of guys looking for used ones and if they aren't trashed they usually command a pretty good price. Some guys swear by them but depending on snow conditions you ride, I would consider going with a Camso extreme 9104M if I remember the number right. 2.5 lug x 2.86 pitch. Great all around track IMHO. Or find yourself a used 2.4 track, there are lots of them around for sale pretty cheap last I looked.
But the 2.6 should fit if you really want it.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
X2. Camo extreme 2.5 sawtooth. Cheaper than a 2.6, does everything well. Not quite as capable in deepest pow, but it's a 660, not a turbo 8 pow monster. Much better hook on everything except soft pow. Brakes better. More durable. FWIW.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Thanks.

This sled is depreciated out so it doesn't need the best of the best, but something that works so I can still take some new guys out. Pick the day and they sure think about buying one for themselves.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
My Pro came with the Camso Extreme, and I've been pretty happy with it. It's modified slightly: the outer lugs are cut down 1/4" or so, to improve snow evacuation as I understand it. The biggest downside I know of with that track is that it's pretty heavy, especially compared to the 2.6. I've heard several reports of diminishing returns on AXYS sleds with too tall a lug, so a Pro or iQ with 8t 2.86 drivers will definitely hit a wall trying to go taller. Not sure how much losing the front cooler helps with that though. If you found a good deal on a 2.6 (less likely than on a Camso or 2.4), I'd say go ahead and try it. Of course, even if the front isn't an issue, it may still rub the underside of the tunnel. If that's an issue or the tunnel packs up, you might be able to trim the lugs to help. It doesn't seem like something I'd pay extra or go out of my way for, but it wouldn't hurt to try,

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Is the CE2.5 a considerably stiffer paddle? I have the F-Bomb trim on my 2.4 and that helped a bunch as the tips used to roll over real bad in directions.

Premium Features