• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1997-2000 700 RMK Turbo System

TURBOMAN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Morgan, Utah
www.bigskyx.com
I have a turbo system for the older style 700 polaris. This came off of a 1999 700 but could be used on any 1997-2000. It uses a Mitsubishi turbo with a Steve Benson mechanical oil pump. The oil pump works great all you have to do is bolt it up to were your old oil injection pump was located. This pump works great. The turbo kit comes with the following parts:
Turbo
Turbo pipe
Boost controller
Oil tank and oil pump
Charge tube, air box
Fuel pump, power jets, Fuel Regulator
Carbs all ready setup with jets and everything they need
Capacitor, rectifier to drive electric fuel pump
Older digitron for a pyrometer and water temp (you will need to get the water temp hook up).
Boost and Fuel pressure guages
Blow off valve for airbox
Hoses, gaskets and a few other things.
Back clutch kit and I will tell you what to put in the front clutch, it is just basic clutching parts that you will probably already have.
Everything will be labeled on were it needs to go so that you can install it on your own sled.

This is the entire turbo system This could be made to work on a 800 Polaris also. This turbo can run between 8-16lbs of boost. Lower boost you can run 50/50 race gas. Anything over 12lbs you need straight race gas. I would like to get $1600 for this system plus shipping. It is well worth the price. You can make your old 700 run very good with this kit.
You can email me at djanderson@dsdmail.net or send me a PM for more info.

Thanks Doug

Last edited:
P

POS Pol

Apr 7, 2008
Arthur NE
I'm interested in the turbo kit for my 97 700. But I don't want to have to be working on the set up all winter long before it runs great. Will I be able to get reliable performance from 9000-12000 feet and -10 to 25 degrees. I get enough hell from my friends the way it is, when they are on XP's and I'm on my RMK.

TURBOMAN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Morgan, Utah
www.bigskyx.com
Are you mechanically inclined? If you are you will have no problem getting this sled setup with in a ride or two. Tuning at elevation with carbs and power jets can be easy. This is the procedure that I use. I have been riding carb turbos for about 10 year now. What I always do is when I start out at the lower elevation trail I open up the power jets a turn or so just to be safe. Once I get to the elevation that I am going to ride at I hit a hill and listen for the sled to gurgle and watch the pyrometer. If I am rich I turn the power jet a 1/4 of a turn and hit the hill again, if it is still rich I turn it in another 1/4 of a turn. I do this until the sled is running good. Then I ride it for the day, as I go down in elevation at the end of the day I open the power jets back open. I ride from 6-9000 feet doing just this and have never had a problem.

Thanks Doug

P

POS Pol

Apr 7, 2008
Arthur NE
I'm an auto tech and I have wrenched on sleds for 20 years. But I have never been around a turbo before. I didn't realize the you could adjust the fuel that easy. Does a turbo shorten the life of the top end even if it is ran correctly. On average how many mile could you get out a top end.

TURBOMAN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Morgan, Utah
www.bigskyx.com
If you have everything adjusted right you can get 1500-2000 miles out of a top end. I would then suggest a piston change as you could have the chance of loosing a skirt on a piston.

Thanks Doug

Premium Features