• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

18 mc skis

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I just got an 18MC. I’m planning to take the skis off and use the grippers I took off my 14
I’ve read To order the previous ski rubbers. Is it possible to use the 18 by modifying in some way? I haven’t taken it apart to look at it yet. I also don’t want to take it apart to find it won’t work and then have to wait for parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I have grippers on my 18 and had them on my 14 7000 four stroke as well. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the 18 rubber mount mods. That being said having converted both sleds for Grippers, it was WAY easier to modify to 14 rubber mounts then the 18 mounts.
The 18 mounts required quite a bit more trimming/shaping and shimming in order to get the skis to hang correctly and if I was to do it all over again I would just buy the 14 rubber mounts.
The attached pics are mods from the 14 7000 and for shim stock I just used some composite lawn edging material.

composite shim size.jpg composite shims.jpg Modified and stock Proclimb mounts.JPG Stock Gripper saddle.jpg Modified Gripper saddle.jpg shims in place.jpg Upper composite shims.jpg XF7000 with 2016 mountain spindles.JPG

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Wow... thank you for all of that.
I see, a little work involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
Plastic cutting tip on a solder gun works good to do the trimming.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
I’ve filled those holes in the ski below the rubber with automotive windshield urathane on all my polaris sleds.

Premium Features