• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'17 800 155, to a '21 850 165

Johnny T.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Arlington MN
I'm going from a 17 800 155 to a 21 850 165. I had High rise bars and a 39" ski stance now have low rise bars with a 36" ski stance. Not sure if i'm going to like the low rise bars but i'm going to give them a shot. What can I expect in dfferences between the 2 sleds? This was a last minute decision to switch but I got bit by the 850 bug and fell in love with a paint job and I made the switch. What are the advantages to the low rise bars? Other than a new can i'm staying stock as I did on my 800.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
If you don't like the low bars, you can add a 1 or 2 inch riser.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Congrats on the new sled. There really is no right or wrong handlebar height. It should be based on the terrain you ride in. If you like rippin' up and down meadows, then you want a tall bar height so that you're not hunched over all the time. If you like a combination of meadows and hill climbing, then a mid-height may work best. If all you ride is steep and deep, then you want the lowest bar for comfort and control. The steeper the terrain, the more your bars will come up to your chest. So a tall bar in steep terrain will either make you bend your arms way too much with no control or cause you to fall back too far with your butt sticking out and your sled always wanting to turn up hill. The correct height is when you're sidehilling, wrong foot forward, standing tall with your bars close to your waist, your nose up near the nose of the sled, and your arms are only slightly bent.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Congrats on the new sled. There really is no right or wrong handlebar height. It should be based on the terrain you ride in. If you like rippin' up and down meadows, then you want a tall bar height so that you're not hunched over all the time. If you like a combination of meadows and hill climbing, then a mid-height may work best. If all you ride is steep and deep, then you want the lowest bar for comfort and control. The steeper the terrain, the more your bars will come up to your chest. So a tall bar in steep terrain will either make you bend your arms way too much with no control or cause you to fall back too far with your butt sticking out and your sled always wanting to turn up hill. The correct height is when you're sidehilling, wrong foot forward, standing tall with your bars close to your waist, your nose up near the nose of the sled, and your arms are only slightly bent.

Great explanation.

Johnny T.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Arlington MN
Thanks for the advice and explanation. As it is I can stand straight up with the low bars but have always had higher bars, but felt a little wiggly when riding the technical stuff like trees and ravines. I feel better now about the low bars, but will pack a 1" spacer along just in case.

Premium Features