• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

162 2.25 or 2.5

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
looking for a new track. Sled is a 2008 t nytro with a timber sled skid and ice age rails and floats. I have heard that If I get the 2.5 I have to trim the track ANY THOUGHTS??????

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Track

Did you go with larger drivers?? If not the 2.5 fits. I have the same skid, rails etc as you and run the 162x15x2.5. I turned the stock drivers last year and since replaced them with the same size in AVID's. Only have about 3/8" clearance in the tight spots infront of the drivers but it fits. Really happy with it too minus all the trenching at slow speeds. Once spooled up it works really well. Sean

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
looking for a new track. Sled is a 2008 t nytro with a timber sled skid and ice age rails and floats. I have heard that If I get the 2.5 I have to trim the track ANY THOUGHTS??????

you will NOT have to trim the track...ride with several guys with them already...I have the same skid and rails etc as you...no issues at all...

am swapping out my PowerClaw to a 2.5" camo extreme...would prefer to go to 3" but dotn want all the headaches to get there...

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
go for the 2.5 blake. they are awesome with the turbo. i have never personally put one in a nytro but i hear they do fit.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yes, 2.5 is a good fit. For drivers, run Avids and you should not have problems. Also, I have seen quite a few boosted nytros with the drivers not aligned right and they spin the edges off or damage the track.

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
you will NOT have to trim the track...ride with several guys with them already...I have the same skid and rails etc as you...no issues at all...

am swapping out my PowerClaw to a 2.5" camo extreme...would prefer to go to 3" but dotn want all the headaches to get there...

MT, you didn't like the PowerClaw or do you just feel the camo extreme is better for turbo sleds?

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa

I beleive I read he is going to a 174??

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
MT, you didn't like the PowerClaw or do you just feel the camo extreme is better for turbo sleds?

I am going longer...the powerclaw is a good track, really nice in big pow...no issues like others talk about going down...I think most of it is people just getting used to the rider forward thing still...I only had one "OH CRAP" moment, and it was my fault not the tracks...

but for me, I saw what the 174 2.5's have done, and watched a stocker Nytro with one, and was VERY impressed...now looking forward to seeing how mine does with a little more power to it :)

Premium Features